Thursday, June 13, 2013

Antiques for Kitchen Storage

I have the answer to my mystery that I'll share at the end of this post!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But right now.....
I want to continue with showing off Connie's Vermont kitchen.
To refresh your memory.....
this is her kitchen.....
Traditional Home Magazine 2004
I don't like to line all the walls in a kitchen with cabinets.
If the room is large enough I like to use antiques as well.
It makes the room look more interesting than wall to wall built-ins.
Connie and I found an absolutely stunning sideboard that we just had to have.
I designed the kitchen around it, making sure there was room for it.
Les Brown, the architect I work with, wanted to do something different, but Connie and I took over.
A man that doesn't cook, has no right designing kitchens, so there..... 
The sideboard sits on the other side of the island from the main cabinets in the room.
You can just see it in this picture to the right.....
It's a Sheraton style piece from the middle of the 19th century.

We collected stuff to put on the top.....
Some Rosewood pottery as well as some yellow vases from the 1940's.

According to ebay's info page on Roseville.....

The American Art Pottery movement began in the late 1800s and produced some of the finest examples of ceramics. Roseville Pottery is American Art Pottery, representing the most widely known and most collectible art pottery ever produced till date. Founded by George F. Young in 1892, at Zanesville, Ohio, the company's first products were marketed under the names 'Rozane' or 'Rozane Ware'. Roseville started off with the production of flower pots, stoneware, cuspidors, and limited painted ware. They mostly produced highly glossed browns and blues, with hand painted animals, Red Indians, nature scenes, and portraits. 'Rosecraft', launched by Rozane Ware in the early 1920s, is termed the forerunner of the unique style of the Roseville line. Some of the all-time popular Roseville Pottery pieces were Dahlrose, Rosecraft, Ferella, Sunflower, Blackberry, Cherry Blossom, and Wisteria. Most of the best articles produced by Roseville Pottery were during 1920-1930. Some of the most popular lines produced by Roseville Pottery include Ixia, Thorn Apple, Luffa, Moss, Magnolia, Peony, Cosmos, White Rose, and Gardenia. Futura was one of Roseville's most sought after lines. Produced in 1928, it had an asymmetrical and stark look. Roseville produced a line of modernistic dinnerware called 'Raymor' in 1952. This was the company's last effort to compete with the age of plastic, foreign import, and changing selling techniques. Plant facilities were upgraded with high speed automatic equipment to produce the modernistic line, which, unfortunately, was not accepted by buyers. Roseville eventually closed down in 1954. In present times, Roseville Imitation pottery has become very highly collectible pottery. It is often used by many decorators to enhance modern decor.

Who knew that ebay had info pages?????
I found it when I did a google search.
WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!
Now, when you buy #$% online in an auction.....
you knows whats you doin'!!!!!

I found some majolica plates for the walls in colors that worked with the paper.
Once again I have a blurry image from blowing something up.
Well....
better to blow up a picture than a building.
That's Betsy's philosophy #521.
I really like the way all the pottery works together, even though it's all different types.
That's it for today for Connie's kitchen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now back to the mystery!!!!!
Wednesday evening I got a phone call from my parent's next door neighbor, informing me that the recycling bins had magically reappeared in the garages!!!!!
She thought that Tyler, the property manager, had found them and placed them back where they belonged.
Sooooo.....
The next morning, first thing, I called him to ask where he had found them!!!!
Whereupon....he replied.....
That he had no idea what I was talkin' about!
He hadn't found them!
He hadn't returned them!
He hadn't touched them!
THE MYSTERY CONTINUED!!!!!
Well.....
I have a faithful following.
I knew you guys would need to know where they had been
 and how the @#$ had they come back????!!!!
Sooooo
I started sleuthing.
I thought.
I ruminated.
I puzzled.
I gazed into the distance.
AND THEN I SPRANG INTO ACTION!!!!!
I wondered if my neighbor Bud had somehow been involved.......
He is the most proactive when it comes to returning the bins.
He's also a man.
Men can be forgetful.
Absent minded.
Distracted.
Sooooo.....
I walked all the way across the driveway and rang their doorbell.
His lovely wife Shirley sweetly answered the door.
I gave her my best piercing detective glare and asked in my best 
just the facts ma'am voice.....
"Do you have any knowledge of the alleged lost bins and their return???"
Now,
 I'm sad to say, 
the women didn't exactly tremble at my authoritative query.
She actually had to nerve to chuckle.

Bud had driven down the driveway on his way out,
 put all the bins in the back of his car (to later put away), 
and then left for the day.
Now, 
(Since I know he's going to read this.....)
I would just like to point out, that he's very thoughtful for doing this in the first place.
I would also like to note that he had a lot on his mind that day.
But I had to share with the class that the mystery was solved!!!!!
I would like to thank Bud for all he does for us.
I would also like to thank him for giving me fodder for my blog.
On that note.....
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah, nah.nah..nah nah..(THAT IS SPOOKY MUSIC,YOU HEAR) i WANTED IT TO BE A SPOOKY MYSTERY)but glad the "mystery" is solved...so now you know at least, it wasn't me.
Bonnie in WI





















































































































































































































































I wanted it to be spooky...(sorry)

Beth C. said...

Oh that Bud! Little did he know his kind act would land him in a starring role on your very famous blog! Love all the details in Connie's kitchen. Best, Beth C.

Patty Rumaker said...

I love placing furniture pieces in unexpected place. This kitchen is lovely. I just found your blog and I am your newest follower. I just love your humor. I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime.
Thanks, Patty

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...