Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Continuing Saga of my Tropical Cottage


First off....
Check out my new look. 
My blog has a new do!!!!


So, lets continue with my Florida living room!!!

I read in this room....

I watch TV in this room....
I nap in this room.....
I gab on the phone in this room....
I entertain my friends and family in this room.....
I EVEN DRAFT MY DESIGNS IN THIS ROOM!!!


My friend Lissette (Chloe's mother) is Cuban. 
She came over here when she was 10.
Her cultural background is the opposite of mine.

We sometimes don't agree on the FABULOUSNESS 
of some of my stuff!!!
For example.........
MY PEACOCK CHAIR (shown above).
Hey, I got it on ebay, so it's gots to be good.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
It's my design throne.
I am a princess.
I create gold and diamonds at that drafting board.
EVERYBODY KNOWS.....
You gots to have a throne for your drafting chair!!!!!!


Most folks would have a game table behind their sofa....
But NOT ME!!!!!
If I'm going to play any $%& games, they'll be on the @#$ computer!!!!!
(I've developed a little problem with WORDS WITH FRIENDS. Oy.)

MY SOFA IS THE BEST SOFA IN THE UNIVERSE FOR NAPS!!!!!
(unless a hot flash wakes me up. @#$ hot flashes!!!)

This is my TV chair!!!!!


It's where I watch TV!!!
When I have company, and they want to watch TV, 
this is not the chair they watch in!!!!!
NO NO NO!!!!
The seat and back cushion are down and feather filled.
The feathers work through the fabric and poke me in the @$$.
We all have to suffer for our art. 
Down looks nicer than foam and Dacron.

I WILL NEVER DO ANOTHER DOWN/FEATHER
SEAT AGAIN!!!!!!!

This is the table next to my TV chair.
It is full of my crap.
As my friend Kris would say.....
It is craptastic!!!!



I didn't start writing this till late, since I had to spend so much time watermarking  editing my photos.
I will be posting about the rest of the junk in this room tomorrow.
See you guys tomorrow!!!!

Photobucket

                                                                            




6 comments:

Lori said...

I am so glad I am following you now. Great design tips and laughter, I just love it. I would NEVER sit in your TV chair, but a nap on that couch would be greatness, minus the hot flash.

vignette design said...

So glad I found your blog!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love the new header and tag line--it's perfect!

Amy Chalmers said...

Betsy, love the new look! And the text is as good as the pics!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your new blog design and the subtitle is right on!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Love the new look!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...