Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Last Post from Flerida

Before I get to today's post.....
I just want to let you know that I'm cooking dinner for my family tonight.....
So if you guys never hear from me again.....
I'm stuck in the kitchen in total and utter confusion......
I usually give them some Greek takeout of shish-ka-bob, salad and rice...
but today I decided that.....
I WOULD COOK!!!!!
So, think of me in my hour of need, as I tackle a boneless leg of lamb that my sister-in-law promises I can't ruin.

On another note.....
Suspect number 2 was captured 4 blocks from 
my old home in 
Watertown,
so for those of you who wrote me to check if I was OK....
thanks for thinking of me.
I moved a couple of miles away 9 years ago.
Needless to say, I was totally freaking out, and had to drink a bunch of wine.
I didn't realize how tense I was until they announced that they had caught him and I broke down in tears.
None of us went anywhere on Friday.
We were stuck in our houses.
It was soooooo freaky.
Boston rocks big time!!!!!
It's really bizarre to live in a situation where you know you should turn on the TV for updates when you hear police helicopters flying over your house.
OK, enough of this @#$.....
on to decorating!!!!! 

Today I will finish up showing off Chris and Connie's Flerida beach house.
There are just a few more dibs and dabs to go over before I tackle new material this week.....
This is going to be a mish mash of images, so hang on....here we go.
I tried to take some shots of the Master bath, but Connie felt it wasn't interesting, so I just have a shot of the toilet, 'cuz that's the kind of girl I am.....
True to form.....
I stuck some parrots in this room.
OK, that's it for the inside....
But I have some more things to talk about on the outside.....
I had shown you this shot of the back deck.....
I took this shot several years ago, and when I wrote about this, I realized I didn't have a picture that really shows how it's being used today.
The round table didn't work in the space.
This was a choice from The Previous Designer.
So Connie and I changed it to a rectangular shape, which allowed for a better flow of traffic, and still accommodated plenty of seating space.
But it was necessary to set the table against the railing bench for seating along the back side.
Sooooo,
I had Connie get a cushion made for the bench,
thus visually incorporating it into the dining area as well as giving some comfort to the poor suckers who were stuck having to sit with no back support.
Connie found this wonderful concrete shell that she fills with what she finds on the beach.
Actually.....
Some of these shells are not from her beach, 
so don't be writing me to say that there is 
NO BLEEPING WAY THOSE COULD BE FROM FLORIDA.....
At the entrance to the path to the ocean stands a pelican to guard against attacking pirates!!!!!
He's right by the spigot that's been placed to wash sandy tootsies before they bring gritty stuff into the house....
Right by the path to the sand....
or the sandy path.....
or something like that.....
As you can see.....
Not far from the pelican is a flock of flamingos...
All this wild life is just astounding, and they don't even poop or nothin'!

Soooooo.....
As this is the last post about Flerida for the season 
(I think.....)
let me end with this comparison between the grazing birds down there and the grazing birds up here in the good old Boston area.....

Egret in Flerida....
This shot is behind my house.
They like the bugs in the lawns.
And the turkeys up heah in Massachusetts...
This shot is in front of my house, they like the crab apples in the fall.

So campers....
That's if for today.
On that note.....
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

11 comments:

fixitfaerie said...

I'm happy to hear that you are ok. It had to be horrible. Hey, only you would paint pink famenco's white! (Or is that bird s#t? So, how did the lamb turn out?

Erin~Just*Grand said...

I love what you did on this deck! So much more useable and comfortable looking. I pity the bench person only because they don't get to sit and enjoy the view! I think I would live on that deck now. Great job! And glad you're ok.

April D said...

I love all the birds. Those parrots are gorgeous!

bmayer said...

I was thinking about you during all that Watertown drama... yikes. By the way, I believe that is an Ibis in your Florida lawn..., not an Egret. There are also lots of wild Turkeys at Riverbend Park (west of Jupiter Fl). There is a neighborhood nasty (but beautiful) peacock that screams "help" at crazy hours of the night, and honks during the day. I have mistaken him for the UPS truck. To top it off, we have this wack-o (but beautiful)woodpecker that tap tap taps on the windows and gutters!Aaaah Nature!

Karin said...

HA! It's a given that I will laugh because of something Betsy says, but now I'm laughing at the comments as well. A honking peacock often mistaken for the UPS man. LMAO!!!!

Karin said...

PS Of all the birds you have ever posted, that parrot above the toilet is my favorite, hands down.

Anonymous said...

Betsy I was so tense also watching the tv when they were trying to capture the last suspect.....I can't even begin to think how you felt with it being so real to you! I just felt wiped out after it was all over as I am sure so many others did.
Love the parrots and the outside is just so beautiful. Leg of lamb......I am impressed! lin

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Betsy, how scary about your former home being so close to where they had that battle with those men. I have been glued to the TV and the IPAD (when I had it... I went out of town and didn't take Mr. Magpie's IPAD with me) and am so relieved for all of you that this horrid ordeal is over. I am praying for everyone up that way.

Your transformation of that deck is dramatic, and as always, I raise a salute to your talents.

Glad you and those you love are safe...

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Betsy, how scary about your former home being so close to where they had that battle with those men. I have been glued to the TV and the IPAD (when I had it... I went out of town and didn't take Mr. Magpie's IPAD with me) and am so relieved for all of you that this horrid ordeal is over. I am praying for everyone up that way.

Your transformation of that deck is dramatic, and as always, I raise a salute to your talents.

Glad you and those you love are safe...

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

I also Love playing Online Games, Contest and Challenges.
If you have wandered around the internet to any extent you have
probably encountered funny pictures. A few young superstars have made their name just from being
spread across the internet in videos and photos.

Take a look at my homepage: related web page

Jayne said...

That deck is fabulous, I can feel the ocean breeze :) Love all the birds, the parrot in the bathroom works!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...