Thursday, March 28, 2013

Whimsical Powder Room

Before I get to today's decorating post, I just want to share with the class 
just how smahrt I am!!!!!
Ya know how, when you're going through your morning activities and you have little burps in your mouth and you get to enjoy the taste of you last cup of coffee?????
(yes, that was a run on sentence.....)
Welllll.....
This past week,
I've been tasting 
peppermint!!!
And I've been stumped as to just 
why that was!!??!!
WELLL!!!!!
I have figured it out!!!!
It's not some weird medical condition....
no, no, no.....
I opened a new pack of dental floss, and it's peppermint flavored!!!!
So, 
now you should all be impressed, that I floss every morning.

My family thinks I have no filter....
I think filters are highly overrated....
Just,
into my brain....
and out onto the keyboard!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note.....
I turned off the word verification on my comments section.
I know you guys hate it.
So, this morning I counted how many spam comments I had to delete....
68!!!!! in a little over 24 hours.
There has to be a better way.....
Can anyone help poor old me?????
OH KAY,
now on to the decorating,,,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's continue with Connie's beach house.
We've done the whole downstairs except for the powder room.....
In all my running around and shooting pictures,
I didn't do one of the vanity,
Which is very pretty, but now you won't be able to see it, because I am 
NOT IN FLERIDA NO MORE!!!!!
But....
here's a shot of the toilet.
We found that dog head clock, 
and we just had to buy it.
(Well, Connie bought it.....I just pointed and jumped up and down....)
Connie had that beach sign that needed to be hung over the dog....
That's not really the direction of the beach, but I couldn't figure out how to make it point straight ahead.

I found a really fun calypso type wallpaper for this little room.
(I think it was a Clarence House, but I can't remember)
Connie didn't want any "typical" Florida type wallpapers.
This one had a tropical feel, but was funky and whimsical.
Sort of a cubist interpretation of the tropics.
I can't quite figure out what it's supposed to be.....
There are pyramids, guys that look like solders, Chinesey looking guys,
Spanish looking buildings, Mexican looking pots.
I DON'T KNOW!!!!!
But it's fun.
Along with the clock dog theme,
we found this lithograph of a man and his best friend.
Just a little humor, while washing up,
or what ever else you would do in this space. 
The next post is going to be on Connie's bedroom.....
just a little teaser!!!!!
See you tomorrow, or Friday,
depending on whether or not I keep having problems with the software of my blog.
I think Sarah fixed it, but I'm holding my breathe. 
This techno stuff is a mystery.....

Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

15 comments:

White Ironstone Cottage said...

LOL thanks for the fun post and the giggle this morning
Love your blog BIG fan
also just want to say Thank you I had problems with my blog not showing up on ipad googled trouble shooting and found your post IT Worked !!! Grateful
xxoo
Pam

Vikki said...

So cute Betsy...you da bomb! Vikki in VA.

Beth @A Little Country House said...

I love the dog, hilarious! love touches of stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

Must let you know that I have no filter either...everything just come right out of my mouth - no stopping to think or anything!

Anonymous said...

I cannot get Google to select my profile, so I am anonymous, but I'm not?? Whatever..I enjoy every post of yours....EVERY ONE...Love!!!!
Bonnie Schulte in WI

Anonymous said...

First time I have seen Betsy show abominable taste. That dog clock is the worst...... but i love the wallpaper, That was a stroke of genius.

Betsy Speert said...

Hey!!!!!
That dog clock is funny!!!!!

Kathleen said...

I like the dog clock. What a fun room!

Kathleen said...

Oh...I like the top of the toilet tank too. You didn't mention what that interesting piece is sitting on there is.

Unknown said...

Love that wallpaper - just fun!
Kelly

Ellicia said...

With that cool wallpaper, Papa Hemingway would feel right at home powdering his nose.

Di said...

I love the whimsical touch with the dog clock. It is stuff like that makes me smile! I never take myself real serious and it makes life more fun....

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

this spamming is getting rediculous. Must be a better way. I so enjoy your blog. And your lack of filter. Can't wait to see more of your house and your projects.

Beth C. said...

Very cute and fun. Thumbs up for the dog clock. There's nothing wrong with a bit a whimsy, and what better place for it than a powder room. Best, Beth C.

john lovell said...

Where can I buy a dog clock?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...