Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cottage Decorating Details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now onto my post for today.
BUT FIRST!!!!!
I was bowled over by the number of spirited comments, 
pros and cons, 
to what I'm doing in my dining room!
You guys really seem invested in my process.
I love that you're so passionate about what I'm doing in my house.
And I enjoy your opinions.
Not that I care about what you think!!!!!
I love living alone because.....
My opinion is the only one that matters!!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
For all you naysayers out there.....
(And you know who you are.....)
As Amy Chalmers at Maison Decor would say....
"You aren't the boss of me!!!!!"
I am painting more panels, and more panels and more panels.....
And I love them,
yes indeedy I DO!!!!! 
So get ready for Saturday or Sunday, 'cuz I think I'll be done by then, and can show you all my industry and craziness!!!!
But for now....

Lets get back to my study!
(I was too lazy to reshoot this picture with a colored toss pillow,
 so I used PicMonkey to add flowers to the pillow!!!!!)
(It looks kind of weird, 
but it's better that that white block in the bottom photo.....)
I am waiting for the fabric to ship, so I still haven't make the new pillow covers.
But that's not what I set out to talk about today.
Boy am I easily distracted....
LOOK!!!!!
A BUTTERFLY!!!!!
(now, where was I????)
Oh, yeah...
Details!!!
Once I got over the realization, that I couldn't live without loads and loads of flowers on my furniture, on my walls, in my accessories.....
I got down to some serious ebaying!!!!!
The  round picture is one I've had for years.
It's another of my cherished possessions that I originally got for a client, who didn't want it
she and her husband thought it wan't elegant enough!!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT @#$!!!!!
Yes, Peggy, if you're reading this, I'm talking about you!!!!!  
Then I found the little one above it on ebay.
These are probably from the 30,s or 40's.
I am very partial to this type of artwork.
I am a sucker for this stuff.
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!
I found two more prints from the same period that I hung flanking the large oil over the loveseat.....

The dogs are some more of my favorite items.
They are chalkware Russian wolf hounds, 
and I think they are da bomb!!!!
They just scream the 1920's!!!
One of my favorite periods of decorating....
I love them so much.....
Here's a closer close up!!!
What the hell.....
Let's get closer!!!!


Below them I hung two more of my majolica bird plates that I had collected for my living room.....
Well, they ended up here!!
I buy stuff for one room, and then it migrates when I'm not looking.....
The oil painting hanging in the middle of all this @#$, 
is one I bought when I was in my 30's and used to go antiquing in 
Essex Massachusetts.
It's really dirty and old, but there's just something about an 
old dirty faded decorative item that appeals to me.
It's probably because I identify with it, 
although, I'm not so decorative.....
So, 
all of these flowers tie in with the prints I decoupaged
 onto the folding screens.....
And the wonderful ebay find I showed you on Saturday.....
That's it for today, campers.
Next up in this room is my tabletop stuff!!!!!
But I may just show my dining room before I get to all my other goodies.....
It just depends.....
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket
Partying at:
PhotobucketCLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY

French Country Cottagevif187<b>Add my button to your sidebar!</b>504 MainSaturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

17 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

My sister once said to me, "You can tell a man doesn't live here" (and that was just because my bathroom is girly!) I bought my house by myself and I am decorating it exactly the way I want. So, more power to you! Slap those florals on walls, pillows, throw rugs, whatever suits your fancy.

I do enjoy it when someone tells me that they like my style or that my house is inviting but I surely also do not care if they DON'T like it. I think that is what I like best about being the age that I am. I honestly don't give more than half a hoot about the opinion of anyone else!

Mari said...

I love all your flora frames, I can't believe your client didn't like that gorgeous round floral frame, it's just beautiful, well you got to keep that beauty like they say their lost your gain....lol......

I also love the way your bdinnning room panels are turning out, looking forward to viewing the finished project.....

Smiles~
Mari

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

The crack about the butterfly had me rolling on the floor! I love your old dark flower painting, it is da bomb.

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy! Oh, I do love seeing what you do. I'm in love with your wolfy dogs! I collect Staffordshire doggies. Some are real and some are fake, I don't care.
Love your pretty paintings too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rhonda said...

I love your flowers! I, too, am drawn to flowers and love cabbage rose fabric. I have found myself paraphrasing you: Betsy Speert says you can never have too much stuff. Betsy says that a blank space on the wall means you need to hang something on it. And now, I gots to have my flowers! How can they argue with you? You're a professional! Love your blog!

sweet violets said...

It is wonderful to live alone and be in charge of everything!!!! I built this little house myself and did all the design work....my way!!! For the first time since a teenager, I have a pink floral bedroom, and I feel like a princess....take that back.....a QUEEN in my own bed!!! And I have gardens, flowers, lacey curtains, pretty things on tables and lotsa stuff on the walls!!! Home sweet home......

Katie Mansfield said...

Betsy,
I love, love that oil painting. It is unbelievably beautiful.
Katie

Amy Chalmers said...

I had a lot of fun reading this while looking at your pretty details~I loved the big round ELEGANT floral. You da boss!!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Such a pretty room even with a Pic Monkey pillow! I agree with Amy too!

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

loving those dogs :) I remember drooling over your dining room in one of my magazines(with the round table and the little dogs. It was my favorite magazine because of your rooms.I even went out and got a round dining table for my self:) Thanks for the inspiration!
Francine
ps would love for you to join the party at ethereal PLUS what I love.

Unknown said...

I love this room! And I love the color and your vintage oils. :)

Have a great weekend. I'm off to see some of your other posts. I'm new to your blog and now following. I hope you will come by and say hi! :)

~Liz

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Betsy, what a beautiful room. I love all your collections, the dogs, the prints, the florals. Perfect ~ what a wonderful little haven to escape with a cup of Earl Grey. {And, I think you ARE so decorative! :)}

xo Lidy

Anonymous said...

Oh Betsy you are the most enjoyable blogger in design blogland. I adore your posts. And see, I'm not even asking for anything other than for you to keep it up. Just be you.

Decdreams said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! My dream "English sitting room"........the one in my head when I was raising a big family and dreaming of the perfect escape room. What immense talent you have to balance color, scale and keep cozy from becoming cluttery. Gorgeous!!!
Now don't get cranky I just want to know what you stuff your sofa, chair cushions with? My upholstery guy always makes them look square even tho ' I take picture s to show him ( the price is right, can't change) just want to puff them up.

The panels in the dining room.................just not right, not you, something is off I think. Your blog is pure gold and your last Tuesday's advice was the best ever!!!! And you love dogs!!! You are perfect!!!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Betsy, I've really enjoyed your discussing the details of this room. it's just so darn "pretty"!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Lord Have Mercy on my Soul!! I LOVE IT! I could move right in!! I LOVE florals too....my husband lets me do whatever I want....doesn't bother him a bit....I am SO lucky!!

This is just Gorgeous!

Lou Cinda :)

The Charm of Home said...

Awesome! Love the wolf hounds! Cool accessories! Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...