Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cottage Study Details

So,
I've shown you how I worked my study into a colorful bower of flowers.
Now, lets see some more STUFF....
I found this wonderful Edwardian style linen press from the same ebay vendor that sold me the pair of bergere chairs.
It sits across the room from my desk, and hold my office supplies.....
I've set up a pendeflex frame in the bottom on a pull out linen drawer that works for my hanging files.
It started out holding my clothes, but since all I wear is T shirts and sweat shirts, I needed it more for my office stuff.
I found this pretty 1930's print 
(on ebay, where else?????)
But the frame was a crappy white, so I repainted it in black....
The crocodile skin covered box was my grandmother's, and has her initials monogrammed on the front.....
It's a jewelry box, and reflects the elegance of a bygone day.
The dog is a crummy new reproduction, that I've had for quite some time, so I guess he isn't so new anymore. 
Another few years and he'll be an antique.
It's so annoying to go to an antique store, 
and see
 stuff from my childhood
sold as antiques!!!!!!! 
Oy, Oy, Oy, Oy, Oy.....
(where was I???? Oh yeah, decorating.....)
Next to the box is a Victorian piece of cheap silver plate that holds my
VERY SPECIAL AND EXPENSIVE FAKE JEWELRY PEARLS!!!!!
I like the way they looked draped over the side, spilling casually out of the bowl.....
SO CHIC!!!!! N'est pas?????
The vase is Art Nouveau, 
holding more of my specially grown fake flowers!!!!!
And last but not least is my retro looking fan.....
I tend to get hot when I'm blogging, or just working at my computer.
I don't know why,
maybe all that brain activity generates psychic heat.
BUT I NEED A COOLING MACHINE!!!!!
Just a gentle breeze, to sooth my fevered brow, as I write my pearls of wisdom for you guys.

One last thing before I go out and enjoy my Saturday.
I'm starting to get the hang of the cloning tool on PicMonkey.
Check out this before and after.
I was able to get rid of the cord and outlet!!!!!

Not to brag, but....
I ROCK, BIG TIME, BABY!!!!!

Latah, Gatah
Photobucket
Partying at:

18 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

You sure do rock, Miz Betsy! I just love your style and decorating. I love the wallpaper and the feminine flower motifs and everything about your home.
Brenda

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hey that cord thing is pretty neat! If I had time to learn how, I might use it on a shot I took on the beach that turned out to look a little too nude! But I love how you're using your linen press.

nancy said...

Love the jewelry box. There is something so comforting/soothing about elegance; is there not?

Cheryl said...

That is a very pretty composition. I love that vase and the black frame for the print, it looks like a million.

Honey at 2805 said...

Yes, you rock! It's all so pretty, especially those pearls!

Anonymous said...

I love this piece, Betsy! Loved how you're using it too! And yep...you rock! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

You are such an amazing styler, Betsy. I really want a fan like the one you have too. I've been looking for something vintage or vintage looking for awhile. Maybe I should check on Ebay!? Lol. I might have to try that PicMonkey tool...that's a problem solver for sure!

wendyfay said...

Oh Betsy ... & there was me all envious of the peonies ... but I ADORE that cabinet!!!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I've got to start shopping on Ebay, that abinet is gorgeous!

Vicki said...

I love that cabinet! And I'm very impressed with PicMonkey. I haven't tried that yet, will have to.

Amy Chalmers said...

Love this post, but what post don't I love...its the Betsy magazine special edition on a weekly basis..would you explain about the buying of big furniture from ebay~how it comes to you etc...I just loved the big wardrobe. I have to ask your opinion on the lake furniture I just got,.,,to paint or not to paint etc...

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Your linen chest is magnificent!...and love each and every piece that you beautifully placed on it....have a great week Betsy!

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

This room is really beautiful and I love how you're sharing it bit by bit. Keep it coming.

Evelyn said...

I love your sassy and silly blog style. So enjoyable. Oh, and the rooms are pretty nifty, too.

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Your room is lovely! I love your step by step reveal and your great sense of humor. -_^
I'm still reeling over the fact the panels in the corners are painted and decoupaged!!! Awesome job! You've really inspired me to tackle my awkward corners. Thanks for sharing and hope you'll share your room at Frugal Treasures Tuesday.
Barbe

Susan said...

My mom had that peony print. Can you give me any details about it? I would love to have one like it. I think my mom's was a larger print and I always loved it. Susan VH

Laura said...

Betsy, I love everything in your study. Especially the fan, I get hot when using my computer also. The computers must give off heat. It is 105 degrees here in Texas.

Honey at 2805 said...

Stopping back by to say thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...