Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday Answers

Twice a month I will answer decorating questions.

Until I think of a better name; it will be called "Tuesday's Answers".

I am open to suggestions for a better name, my brain is dead, dead,   dead.
I will then post your pictures with my suggestions and answers on the following Tuesday.
If this becomes popular ('cuz, no one may even join the party), I will answer the questions I think will interest the most people.
Then, on the Tuesday in the middle of the month, we will do it AGAIN!! And so on, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on.........


I will choose the best questions the next week to share with everyone, and hopefully give an absolutely brilliant answer.


Here's a before and after of my kitchen.
Just an example of what I do.
So ask me some @#% decorating questions, already!!!!!



This is the view from my family room into my kitchen, when I bought my condo.









This is the same view.
I know, I know.....
This wasn't a budget redo, but I can do those too.








Here's a budget redo!!!


All I did was take the doors off, and restyle the shelves.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amy from Maison Decor (she's my web guru), has informed me, that I should post the party on Monday night, if it's for Tuesday. I am trying to get my head around this web business. It doesn't make sense to me, I mean if I'm invited to a party on Tuesday, why would I show up on Monday???? Everyone would still be in their pajamas!!
HOWEVER.....since she knows more than I do about blogging, I will open the party from now on on Monday nights.

 If you ask a question, please join my blog and become one of my followers; after all, nothing is ever REALLY free.
If you join the link party, please grab my button (to the right), or link back to this post with my url address.

No advertising or etsy links, please.

I had a little trouble figuring out how to set up the link party, please ignore the two bottom ones and only use the top link up. OY YEY!!
The bottom two don't allow thumbnails, it took me three tries to get it right. As for grabbing my button (why does that sound off color?), all you need to do is right click on the button, and choose copy, then just paste it at the bottom of you blog post.
Thanks!!
Betsy










 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

Ok, This is a different link party, as there are no images shown...I entered a post about my bookcases being busy? There is a lot of other stuff on the post, but my question is, if I have a floral background in the bookcase, should I tone it down with the contents or what? So happy you are doing this format of a Q&A party!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

I just resubmitted my post on painting the kitchen. The picture link appears to be working. Woo-hoo!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Amy sent me over to have you look at my livingroom pictures. I must say that it's a little intimidating to ask a famous designer questions about my simple decor. But here I am and any suggestions you might have will be most appreciated.

hugs
Sissie

Holly said...

Oh my heavens! Can someone without a blog submit a "request" for help? I was just thinking the other day about the pictures you have posted of rooms you have decorated and said to myself "I wish I could fly Betsy Speert down to my house to help me!" The picture of your kitchen is wonderful...I don't know how you make it look so fresh but vintage at the same time. You are super talented!

Erika said...

Am SO happy to have recently found your blog. It is quickly becoming a favorite!
I am struggling with a design issue that doesn't require sending you a pic. A few years back we bought a 15 year old house that we love-sort of "French chateau" in feeling with Brazilian Cherry floors, large windows, cherry cabinets and white painted woodwork, leaded glass with my fave Fleur de lis inserts. You get the idea.
But all bath fixtures, door hardware, hinges, etc. throughout are brass. I keep hearing brass is still "out" and have changed a couple of pieces we felt we could when doing some upgrading, but am wondering what the "rules " are about everything matching? For consistency must they be the same in all (7) baths? To change them all-hinges, door handles, knobs etc is out of the question due to cost.
Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!
Best wishes to you in your blogging adventures! Thanks, a new fan!

the misfit said...

I found your blog within the last week and am well on my way to reading through every last one of your posts. Love it. I don't really have a design question for my house right now (not that there aren't many things I should improve - furniture arrangement is a big one, I can tell when it's wrong, I can tell when it's right, and I can usually tell what wrong thing to move - but where should it go next?), but I have a general question: where do you get your wallpaper? I love wallpaper.

Also, you could absolutely hang wallpaper. I've made a major mess of everything I've hung so far (everyone says they can't tell because they probably figure I'm unstable), but that's because my Xacto skills are sadly remedial. Since you did a perfect job with the fabric, you could obviously do it with paper. And no compressor or hot glue required. It's easy (requires a lot of patience, is all).

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

It is so wonderful that I found your blog. I have been a "fanatic" for years. Have so loved all your magazine features/articles and also in books. So I am now a very happy follower!!

Happy New Year!

Maryann - Interior Salvage said...

I absolutely, positively, love how this kitchen makes me smile! I'd just love a cup of tea here. Thanks for so many wonderful pictures. Love your work!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...