Thursday, May 24, 2012

Full of Cow Pies!!!!


I had collected a lot of cow paintings when living in my Watertown home.
Remember my den????
photo by Eric Roth
It had 21 oil paintings of bovines on the walls.
I wasn't about to get rid of them, having risked my life acquiring the suckers, so I figured I would spread them out around my living and dining room.
Not the normal pairing with cabbage roses,
 but you gots to work with what you gots.

this is the first one I bought,
 and it started me down the dark and dangerous road 
of collecting oil paintings of a specific subject. 
I was in my early 30's and didn't know how much trouble I was getting into.....
no one warned me.....
let this be a cautionary tale......
One leads to another......
And before you know it you have walls of the damn things....
I do love the way they look against the white wood walls.....
And I LOVE the little cow on top!!!
Across the room are 6 more cow paintings.....


Some to the left of my sofa.....
And some to the right of my sofa.....


Look!!!!
They're looking at each other!!!!!

Except the guy in the lower left....
What's his problem anyway?????
(Actually, I think it's a HER)
Then of course.....
there are a bunch more in the dining room.....


If you want to read the story about my adventures buying this painting.....
click HERE

Now if you've been counting, you may wonder...
"where are the other two???"
Here's one by itself....
In some of these, you have to look closely to see the cows.....
(They're on the hill)
In others, they're right front and center....
I had run out of wall space in the living and dining rooms, so this one overflowed into the family room.
He's not the best painting,
And I damaged him a lettle bit,
BUT
I thinks he's got a lot of character, for something so full of
bull #$%


And on that erudite note, 
I will sign off....
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

18 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, what a fabulous collection! I have the same problem with rabbits, I don't "think" I have that many pictures of rabbits, maybe I should take time to count..or not.. lol hugs ~lynne~

Syndi White said...

Love all your whimsical collections!

Janet said...

That last one looks a bit like Beauregard..remember him of Elsie fame? Perhaps that painting is a bull rather than a cow, best you keep them separated :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Uh Oh...I could be in trouble then. I just purchased my first cow painting a few weeks ago. And after seeing your groupings I know I will be on the lookout for more! Want to come see mine cow painting. Here is a link to the post I did on it.
http://www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/other-day-i-showed-sneak-peek-of.html

Penny

Olive said...

And I thought I was the bomb diggity buying a poster of the top 101 movie quotes today. No, No, you have the cow market covered that is for sure you adorable knutt.

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

I'm not a big fan of cows, but your herd of paintings are udderly delighful!

ShopGirl said...

Those are some charming little cows !!! I love them and this was a fun post :)

ShopGirl said...

Those are some charming little cows !!! I love them and this was a fun post :)

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Hi Betsy, I had never given much thought to cow paintings until I saw your vast collection and now I am beginning to look for them wherever I go. My favorite one that I see on your wall is of three cows beside a dirt road and a broken fence in the background. Love that one. ------------Shannon

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I never would have thought to collect cow paintings but I sure love your collection!

Vicki said...

I think I see an interesting topic for a master's thesis in art history. (Not why does Betsy collect cow paintings, but why are artists so fascinated with them?)They do have nice bone structure...I like the one in the middle in the dining room best.

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

Interesting paintings! My "wonderings" are different than what Vicki wrote. I wonder why Betsy likes cattle paintings so much?

Hmmmm....and having grown up on a farm/ranch where we had both dairy cows and beef cattle when I was kid, I'm preeeeeety sure some of these are not cows. Steers and possibly bulls...but hey, I'm not gonna check "that" closely. LOL!

And I must say you have a nice representation of mostly dairy breeds. Although there are some beef breeds mixed in too :-)

Do tell....why are you so infatuated with cattle? Is it a secret? :-)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

You certainly do have a great collection of cow pictures. Your walls look beautiful with the cows on dis play.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a great collection of cow pictures!

Amy Chalmers said...

I don't think you left any cow paintings for anyone else to collect...although I did see an enormous one at the antique coop~room for one more?? Love the mix of cows and roses...

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

They're beautiful! I have two and some dog paintings also. It's addicting. I want more but then there's that thing called cash I need and never have in order to acquire! lol

They are all gorgeous!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Now, I have to say that is more cow paintings in one home than I have ever seen....but they are so darling and you just want to rub their noses and look into those big brown eyes.....captivating..
Blessings, Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Marvelous collection. I understand how hard it is to find paintings of cows. So far, I only have two.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...