Thursday, March 15, 2012

From PicNic to PicMonkey!!!

    
I just finished off a big bowl of low cal microwaved popcorn, so I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and blog, baby, blog!!!
Thanks for the wonderful response to my Q&A this past Tuesday. 

NOW ON TO THE DECORATING!!!!!
I will continue with my dining area.....

This is my dining area. 
It is where I dine.
But when I eat, I sit in my TV chair, watching Judge Judy.
My TV chair is where I eat.
Eating is different than dining.
Dining means using utensils.
(I don't always do that)
(If we weren't supposed to use our fingers,
 why do we have 10 of them???)
(just sayin')


This is a picture of what my table would look like, if I dined.....


This is a picture of me, earlier today, eating my low cal microwave popcorn..
This is a picture of my usual dinnerware.....
 

I realize that this is just a bunch of cheap jokes, but I spent a #$% load of time today taking pictures and editing them, and I am bushed, and not up to spending a whole lot more time in front of this infernal contraption called a computer!!!!!
However!!!!!
Before I go, I have to share with the class.....
I know everyone has been freaking out about Picnic closing, but some of the folks at Picnic have started their own company called PicMonkey.
Right now it's free, and I have been having a ball using their software.

Here's a picture before I edited it.....

See how it's a little blurry?????
I'm not the best photographer.....

Here's the same shot after I sharpened it in PicMonkey

WOOWSER!!!!!
The fish is so much clearer!!!

Here's a shot that's too orange, 'cuz I hadn't figured out the white balance on my camera yet. (I did that yesterday!) (I am a rocket scientist!)

Here is the same picture after I edited it in PicMonkey....

I adjusted the color, the saturation, and I sharpened it.
Look at the plates on the wall!!!!!
In the top shot they're blurry.
In the bottom shot they aint!!!!!!!

I hope this was enough to entertain you guys until Saturday.
I'm still recovering from answering all those questions.
THAT TOOK ME TWO DAYS OF WORK TO ANSWER ALL THAT #$%.
But I am a gracious and lovely woman, and I never would complain or act like a martyr.

Later Gator
Photobucket
Partying at:
 {nifty button}

 It's OverflowingUndertheTableandDreamingButton

 

you are talking too much Boogieboard Cottage
 Home Stories A2ZA Diamond in the Stuff
Button

 Ivy and Elephants
 shabby creek cottage

20 comments:

Lori said...

What is bark cloth, I have been meaning to ask? Now I want some.

Anonymous said...

I love where you dine and I eat in my chair too! Your snaps are so pretty and you're a hoot! I just love hoots! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Babs said...

We eat at the coffee table...but do use utensils. Love the photo of you "making a pig of yourself" eating popcorn. Too funny! Thanks for the tip about PicMonkey. I'm headed there to check it out. I need an EASY editing program.
Babs

Cindy said...

I laughed so loud at the photo of you eating popcorn, that my dogs ran away! I didn't see that one coming... Thanks for the tip on PikMonkey, i will go check it out. Your dining room looks like a wonderful place to dine, and the table setting is charming...

Cindy

Sweet Tea said...

I totally identify with you. *oink. *oink

The French Hutch said...

OK, I'm hooked! I can't wait for your new post to pop up in my email. You're a hoot. I love your blog……….Thanks for the PicMonkey info.

~Emily
The French Hutch

JoAnn said...

I LOVE LOVE
LOVE your posts....I am addicted and when they don't show it throws my feed OFF...oh sigh,...

Suzanne said...

You crack me up. Plus, I like your style. Also, pigs rock. You could say it's pretty much a win, win, win situation.

P.S. I just finished my own low-cal bowl of popcorn.

Amy Chalmers said...

hah! the pig pic made me laugh out loud too~snort snort! It is amazing how much nicer the pics look with the color adjusted and the sharpening. Gonna be picmonkeying this weekend for sure!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Delima solved! Tomorrow I get Picmonkey! Lord knows I need all the help I can get!~

I eat in my chair too!

Lou Cinda

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Amazing transformations on the photos...So love every item of our place setting...beautiful..especially love the silverware!..Piggies are way too funny!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Thanks for telling us about PicMonkey! My photos need all the help they can get.

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Betsy,
OMG... you make my eyes more teary. I am home recovering with darn influenza. But reading your jokes make my dreary day gay.

You and me have something in common, "eating with fingers". Love it! You are one of the best I know in blogielandia.

TY for the tips.

Have a blessed w/end.
/CC

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I'm inspired :D and featured you post on this week's Motivated Monday at BeColorful
pam

bj said...

Amazing! I will give PicMonkey a looksee...
I am still in shock about losing Picnik.....

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

This looks like a great alternative. I am so sad Picknik is going. Thanks for the tip!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I've been playing with PicMonkey and like it. As easy as Picnik. Right now there's no collage but I hear it is coming soon. Your pictures look great after using it. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Thanks for sharing this good info at Cozy Home Party. I think most of us need help with our photography. I certainly do! The piggy is cute.------- Shannon

Amanda Dale said...

Your details are amazing!!! Thanks so much for linking up to Cowgirl Up! Hope to see you again next week!
Thanks,
Amanda
The Ivy Cottage Blog
www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

I'm glad to know about picmonkey. I haven't taken the time to try any new options. Thanks for sharing this great tip and info at show & tell.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...