Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Table Top Settings, Just Playin' Around.....

For those of you looking forward to more pictures of my master bedroom.....
Well.....
I don't feel like talking about that today.....
I went for a loooooooong walk with my bidness partner, Kris, 
and I is tired....
So, I am going to do a short post on different ways to set my table.
I was asked to show how I would set it, and so 
(being the accommodating blogger that I am)
I went a little loopy, and stared trying all different combinations
 of the @#$ I have.
I have been collecting all sorts of plates and glasses over the years.
I never use them.....
They just take up space.....
I like to look at them.....
Sooooooooooooooooo,
 in the interest of putting the best picture first on a blog, so that the blog rolls show it, I will start with the combo I liked the best!!!!!
I actually use the green cabbage leaf plates. 
I got them at Home Goods.....
The pearl handled flatware are from (gulp) Target.
I bought them before I started my boycott.
The hobnail glasses are vintage from my collection.....
acquired through my purveyor of fine antiques.....ebay.... 
I've had the basket chargers for over 30 years, 
I think they're from Pier One....
The plate is antique, I'm too tired to get off my @$$ and go see it's make.....
I love the blue glasses, they go with my chandelier.

But let's start with how wack-a-doodly I was the other night when I was playing with this stuff......
I started with some floral plates, to work with the cabbage roses on two of my dining chairs.....
Then I added a white hobnail goblet from my collection, and one of my new green hobnail glasses I bought online.
 Then, I changed the cabbage plate for a simpler green edged floral one....
(How exciting is this, anyway?????)
 THEN I TOOK THE SMALL PLATE OFF TO SEE THE PLATE UNDERNEATH!!!!!!!
(Calm down, I know, my life is one big adventure....)
 THEN I CHANGED TO THE RED GOBLET!!!!!
(I really need to find other things to do with my time)
 AND THEN.....
AND THEN.....
AND THEN I ADDED ANOTHER PLATE!!!!!
 At this point I went really crazy and paired the green glass with the red goblet......
(I know, I am such a wild and crazy woman.....)
At which point, I stopped @#$ around, and ended with this, my favorite, which is how I started the post.
SO, 
THE MORAL OF THIS STORY....
Don't exercise, or you may end up writing a stupid post like I just did.

Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

16 comments:

Laura said...

you slay me . . . seriously . . . my husband just heard me laugh and called out, 'you're reading that Betsy Blog, aren't you?' . . . hahahahahahaha

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Gorgeous! You made me crack up at times! Sometimes, so I don't have to get my (you know what)I don't even mention the article, it gets worse with time, lol.. I love the plates, salad and dinner plates are beautiful and sitting on top of that great charger, couldn't be any better! Yeah, the last plate is my fav too..but I don't mind if you send me the others, I'll send you my address in the ASA, too!!!!
FABBY

Unknown said...

Lovely table settings though, love all teh different ideas!

Hugs,

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Crack me the hell up! Hilarious! I love your posts! (*_*)

Replica handbag said...

Hello,
I came to your blog and have been reading along your posts. I decided will leave my first comment. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often…


Shingle Cottage said...

Haha Betsy you always make me laugh!
I love the table you painted,the green is beautiful but now i have seen it with table settings i love it even more! such a beautiful room x

Anonymous said...

Hilarious and informative ;)

Amy Chalmers said...

Oh wow, stop taking walks!! Just kidding...you need to link this post to Naps on the Porch's party about Tabletop settings. Always funny stuff, but pretty stuff, going on over here....

Anonymous said...

Love the multi- flowered plate also.... Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this when setting the table.... I am always trying different combinations when having a dinner party ... That is the most fun part... Then you have to figure out the menu and what to serve on it...always love your posts...Teresa

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

You are so funny Betsy! In all seriousness though,I think all the variations are pretty. But I too like your favorite best.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Betsy,
I'm with you I love your first place setting the best. They were all pretty, but the first one really caught my eye.
I think it looks marvelous with your new painted table.
So now whats for dinner? LOL
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

vignette design said...

Hi Betsy,
I do exactly what you did, all the time. Love playing with the various plate combos too. I love your first combo the best, but also love your favorite one too. Funny how a long walk can make one loopy. Add a glass of wine to the picture and you could have set an entire table, complete with centerpiece. Then you would have to have a dinner party. haha. I think we were separated at birth sometimes, I really do! You have inspired me to play with dishes today! ~Delores
PS, why are you boycotting Target. Just curious....

Jaybird said...

Ahhhh just show me dishes all day long!!!!! Thank you too for a morning smile!!!
Delores, Betsy is boycotting Target and I'm helping her because their return policy stinks, AND they compromised my credit card!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (We may have had a couple more reasons, but they have escaped me....check back about the last 6 mos. or so and you will find two or three posts about it).
Betsy you are great!! (and so is Delores if anyone hasn't already found her blog :^)
J

The White Pear Tree said...

"...I'm too tired to get off my @$$ and go see it's make..." LOL, I love you, you're my kind of lady!!

Your tablescapes look fantastic. Life's too short, use your amazing looking stuff, even if it's just for mac and cheese!

Target is coming to Canada... Should I be afraid?

Anonymous said...

I like the bold china plate setting, in your first/last pic best. Love those aqua glasses. Glassware is like gemstone jewelry for the table.

A. Davenport said...

I love the patterned plate in the first and last pics! Do you mind letting me know who makes it?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...