Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tweaking Kris's Gallery Wall

Before I continue with my friend Connie's Florida home.....
I need to jump back over to my buddy Kris's living room.
This is the way my mind works.....
over here 
and over there
and back around againnnnn.......
OY OY OY...
You may remember Kris's home from last month.....
Here's a reminder shot.....
Wellllll.....
We hadn't finished the wall over the sofa.
It had a couple of square inches of bare sheet-rock showing!!!!!
We hate a void!!!!
IT MUST BE FILLED!!!!!
This was the wall over the sofa before Thursday.....
(I thought it was done, but Kris claims that I told her to buy more dog paintings......)
These were the paintings waiting to still be hung.....
Kris emailed me at the beginning of last week, 
and asked if I could help her hang these on Thursday.
Since she is my ride to and from the airport.....
I figured I better put a good face on it, 
and sweetly tell her.....
"Of course.....I would LOVE
 to hang some more @#$ on your walls!!!"
Here we are starting our project.....
(Welllll.....actually, that's Kris.....)
We had to do a lot of mountain climbing sofa hopping....
do get this accomplished.
Lots of pictures to hang....
OY!
So, we starting rebuilding the arrangement....
But first we had to pull the sofa away from the wall, so we could get a step stool in there, since our geriatric frames couldn't balance on the back of the sofa.
When we pulled the sofa away from the wall.....
Kris found the leaves to her dining table!!!!!
(They had been put in a safe place, that no one remembered.....)
Moral of this story....
go around your house and look behind and under stuff....
you could find gold!!!!!

We (I) wanted to leave the picture of the three terriers in the center over the couch.
but the rest of the paintings had to be reworked.
We were able to hide a lot of the nail holes, but not all of them.....
But there's so much @#@$ stuff on the wall that you really don't notice them!!!!!

 I first hung the Boston Terrier.
Then Kris rehung the trio back on its existing hook.
Then I didn't bother to take any more pictures 
BECAUSE
this was absolutely 
exhausting!!!!!
We had to rehang the brackets that hold the pair of Staffordshire dogs.
Raising the pair of water colors over them.
Then I added a painting behind the lamp on the right, 
one that Kris didn't like so much, so it doesn't matter that it's hidden,
but it got rid of some of the
dreaded bare wall!!!!
We added some plates, moved some stuff, added some dogs, removed some dogs,
took some rests.....
took some more rests.....
and congratulated ourselves on a job well done!!!!
Gallery walls are hard to do.
Gallery walls are hard to do.
Gallery walls are hard to do!!!!!!!
Here are some before and afters.....

I realize this isn't everyone's cup of tea....
But this is Kris's house,
and she
LOVES it!!!!!
So, that makes me happy.
See you on Tuesday...

Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny and you're so talented. The wall of doggies looks fab!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

SWOON!!! I go nuts over dog artwork and specially PUGS, like your figurine. Your living room looks fabulous..and yes, you are so funny too, lol.. Love it ALL!! Happy St. Pat's Sunday.
FABBY

Virginia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia said...

The Boston Terrier commands that entire wall. Love him.

(Flubbed the first post, sorry. Wish comments were editable.)

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Wow, she sure has quite a collection! I just toured a plantation home yesterday and the owner had quite a collection of doggies as well!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Oh my, I think it looks amazing! Where did she find all those paintings??? The round one in the stair shot really caught my eye...was it a tray or painting? Was it ever hung on the wall, don't think I saw it...
Blessings,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Love gallery walls... And yes they are hard to hang... I have one also...the subject matter... Dogs ... My favorite...thanks, Teresa

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

I'm sort of a minimalist when it comes to wall art for my own home. But I've gotta say, I do truly LOVE the after look. It looks so much fuller and I think the story you're telling with the art is more interesting with more. Did I just say more? Holy cow you might be converting me to add more art in my design :-) And I do love dogs so.... ;-)

Debra@CommonGround said...

totally my cup of tea. LOVE a gallery wall!!

Ann said...

Well...I recently ordered the wonderful book Living With Dogs. It arrived with lightening speed from Amazon (love)and what do I find within these lovely pages but the Boston home of the fabulous Betsy Speert filled to the brim with dog art and artifacts. And then this post today...synchronicity is such a curiosity.

Try as I might, however, I could not find any of your art in the book hanging on Kris' wall...it's all still in Mass, n'est pas

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful...enough said...
Bonnie Schulte in WI

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Not only do I LOVE the gallery wall...I LOVE the whole room!! Awesome job!

Charlotte Des Fleurs said...

OK Betsy, I need to invite you out to spend a week in the California sunshine to help me arrange a few of my walls. I have boxes and boxes of chatzkahs that need to see the light of day.

Are you game?

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love the room! The terriers just above the sofa are so adorable! Gallery walls are a pain in the behind! If I lost my table leaves there my mother-in-law would say "well, I guess you haven't vacuumed back there recently, have you?"

Heather said...

This is the best looking gallery wall I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

While not a dog person, I am a "fill every spot of bare wall person" and truly love the look!

Leslee in Tennessee said...

Love the gallery wall, and love Kris' home, at least what I can see of it in these pictures. Beautiful!

Andi's English Attic said...

You mean I now have to find MORE pictures to copy this look? :)
Lorraine Finkbeiner - I get where you're coming from. I once found my mother-in-law's false teeth under the spare bed. I swear they were put there deliberately so she would know how often I cleaned.

Divine Theatre said...

I would really like that wall here...in my house. I have no walls but if I did...I would eat generic macaroni and cheese for a year for a wall like that!
Please do NOT come and visit my blog. I broke one of your rules in my Sunroom and I am NOT sorry.

xo

Andie

Amy Chalmers said...

The dog wall is awesome!!! Love that new Boston terrior painting!

foreverdecorating said...

Wow, I thought I had a lot of stuff on my walls. She must really love dogs. Your final version is so much better but you always do good work that is why I am a follower. Plus you are funny to listen to. I don't comment much because your word verification is turned on and I hate that.

Anonymous said...

This room is fabulous! Love the revamped gallery-I love walls that have smartly compartmentalized "stuff" on it.

Brenda said...

It looked good before and looks fabulous afterward. Worth the effort!

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

My daughter would love this. She is pretty much a dog-nut and proud of it.

Madonna
MakeMineLemon

Charisse WHG said...

Love the wall of art, especially that it is canine art, but for my sense of peace, I would switch the brackets with the framed art above, because when people sit on a couch, they often raise their arms to stretch or put there arms behind their head, or you are fluffing/rearranging pillows and then "bam" there go the lovely porcelain dogs! Lovely room, well done.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...