Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bird Accessories and Other Stuff

 Well campers.....
I hauled my tired old @$$ back up to Connie's house to retake the shots I had missed and screwed up.
To refresh your memories.....
This is the outside of her beach abode....
Now I actually have a picture of the front door to show the purple that I chose for her!!!!!
Here's the way it looks, if she knows you're coming, and leaves the door open.
('course, if she knows it's me....she may just lock it up.....)
We be lovin' this purple!!!!!
It's a very subtle color, just like my personality!!!!!
Now......
let me show you a better shot of her bar.....
(why do all my clients drink?????
Above the bar is a print of a some kind of sea bird.....
the bar flanks one side of the door into the den.....
on the opposite side I hung another bird print..
I like doing themed collections.
It allows me to be a hunter gatherer!!!!
I hunt for stuff.....
and then I gather it up!!!!!
bring it back to the house and hang it... or arrange it...
 or do 
SOMETHING
with it!!!!!
This is one of the reasons I love ebay....
I can be hunter without getting off my @$$.....
Just me and my ipad.....
shoppin'.....
spending other people's money!!!!!
Sooooo.....
with that in mind.....
let me show you some of the birds I found for Connie!!!
I spread them all over her home....
This is the table to the right of the sofa.....
These guys are just hangin' out and chillin'.....
I didn't want the table to the left to feel left out....
even if it was to the left....
(get it?????)
So I placed this WONDERFUL chalk ware bird on it's surface.
I love this guy and have something similar in my home.
I found her's and mine the same year, and haven't seen any like them since!!!
To get off topic for a sec...
The movers broke this table over 10 years ago, when Chris and Connie moved in to this home.
She's been after me ever since to get it fixed.
I am useless, 
and SHE finally found someone to do it.

Here's a shot of the broken edge...
Now....
in my defense.....
She and I HAVE been looking for a replacement table.
BUT
we haven't been able to find one we liked as much as what she had,
 if it just wasn't broken.....
Sooooo.....
this year.....
she found a guy who repaired it!!!!!
She took it to him, and he cut the top down to a smaller width, hiding the broken ends!
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?????
I'M A SMARTY.....
I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE
 TO COME UP WITH THIS SOLUTION!
Here's what it looks like now.
I liked it better with the longer overhang,
but what I like the most is......
not having to look for a table any longer!!!!
Just watch...
now that it's been fixed I'm going to find the perfect piece.

Back to the collections.
Last week I showed the ducks Connie had.
I didn't have a decent shot of the little striped guy that 
I love.....
so now I have lots of shots to make you look at share with you guys!!!!
Here's the duck on the entry table.....
Notice how his sweater is the 
absolutely perfect 
color that matches the coral accents of the living/dining/kitchen!!!
Here's a close up of his sweater, because I am losing my mind.....
Here he is hanging out with his iron buddy.....
And here he is.....
where Connie makes him sit.....
all alone in the entry.....
On the table in the entry, 
across from the poor little duck,
sits a model ship 
continuing the nautical theme that runs throughout the downstairs.
And to finish off the tour of the living room
(at least for today.....)
is the coffee table, with 
A BIRD ON IT!!!!!
This is a cool table,
 the ends can extend out, 
for when you have a party.....
If you have a party....
Connie does sometimes.....
She actually entertains.
Her husband makes her.
He LIKES people!!!!
Go figure.
So here I am at 7:52 on a Saturday night, 
whooping it up on my computer.
Have a good weekend,
what's left of it.....
Later, Gator
Photobucket

9 comments:

Lee said...

So glad for you that you are down in the warmth of 'Floreda'...while I am shivering up in the frigid north! I always enjoy your explanation of the collections you work with. Humor is good medicine.
BTW, I just received two more Majorica plates~EBay has been very good to me...$5.99 for two small plates but the shipping charge was triple that! Now I have a collection of three to hang on my wall (I think I will wait until DH is away from home-he hates nail holes).
Enjoy your day!

Betty Stapleton said...

love the purple door, bar and all the birds are great and so effective. Really enjoyed the posts...

Miss Char said...

I need to move to Florida so I can have a great bird collection too and warm weather. I love that the home isn't overdone in the "Florida" style, its just perfect.

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

The purple door with the yellow house is lovely as are all the birds and your design touches!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a pretty house, love all those worn wood tables & the ducks...cute!

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

Love that model ship! The birds are pretty cute and the purple door is fab!

Unknown said...

Such cute birds...but the striped duck looks a bit like he's in "time out" in the entry

Kelly

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Love the birds. I actually like themed rooms most times:)

Penny said...

The purple door is perfect. The striped duck makes me laugh; especially because he really does look like he is in time out. You know that silly Christmas elf that keeps moving around the house to scare the bejesus out of kids at Christmas. That little duck could find a new place every day too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...