Saturday, January 19, 2013

How to Erase Something from a Picture!!!!!

Today's class is a tutorial on how to remove something from a picture.
Let's say.....
You took a picture of a wall.....
And then when you were editing it.....
you noticed there was
a light switch in 
the middle of the picture!!!!!
 So, you go to your magic box.....
and remove it!!!!!
It's magic I tell ya!!!!!
MAGIC!!!!!
It doesn't hurt if you've upgraded to paying for PicMonkey.
Until recently this editing tool was free.....
It was kind of like a drug dealer.....
giving me something free.....
getting me hooked....
AND THEN CHARGING ME FOR IT!!!!!
But, I wanted it.....
I NEEDED IT!!!!!
I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!!!
So I now am paying for it.
It's their cloning tool.

I will now show you guys how it works.
It's really cool, once you get the hang of it.

This is what the opening page looks like:
Click on "Edit Photo"
You can open a photo or drag it to this page.
Then it will look like this.....
On the left side, you'll see the different options.
Click on what looks like a lipstick, because this is where you can adjust photo's of people.
I know there is a different place for cloning, but this is where I found it, and I stick with what works.....
A menu will open up down the left side, of all types of makeup!!!!!
Scroll down to the bottom.....
You see where it says "Clone"?????
Click on that!!!!
The cloning screen will open up, like this.....
See that dotted circle?????
That's the tool, it moves around by moving your mouse.
On the left, you can control the brush size, the brush hardness (opaqueness) and what you do is.....
You click on the blue Source button on the left.....
then....
You click on what you want it to copy, and then click on what you want to cover!!!!
It takes some playing around, and practicing.
I found it best to use a small size brush and to enlarge the picture.
You can enlarge the picture by rolling the wheel on your mouse....
like this.....
Then I moved the circle over the wall paper and clicked, which told the program that that was where I wanted the cloning to start.
I chose the center of a rose, as then it would be easy to figure out how to copy the wallpaper repeat.....
If you look in the picture below, at the light switch, see how there is a rose now on the switch, 
Here's a close up...
The circle on top is what I am copying, and the circle on the bottom is what is being painted....
Till it's all replaced with what you want.
As you move the mouse up and down, it keeps copying what ever it is over.
So the important thing is to be careful in where you first place your mouse.
Here it is, all covered with wallpaper.
It's not perfect, but I am not going to obsess about it.....
I did a better job in the real picture.

When I was loading another picture to my blog, I realized that there was a black cord from my photo lights running down the middle of the shot!!!!!
Presto Chango!!!!!
And it is gone!!!!!
It's taken me a while to get better at this.
But it's a really good tool.
So, I hope that helped at least one of you guys.
That's the lesson for today, class.
Later, Gator
Photobucket

9 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

yep, use it all the time, so glad to have it. not so glad to have to pay the monkey thru the nose to use it!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this will prove to be very useful?

KatieQ said...

Thank you. I like Pic Monkey, now I may have to break down and pay for the Premium Service.

20 North Ora said...

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I would have ever figured that out by myself! I have upraded to the Premium Service and think it's a pretty good deal. Where else can you find something to fix your mistakes for $33.00/year?

Thanks,
Judy

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Thank you, this is great information and is certainly an enticement to start using Pic Monkey again. $33.00 a year is what I used to pay for Picnic and it was so worth it.

Anonymous said...

Whew! So glad to see you got rid of that cockeyed light switch. I spotted it in your last post and was going to ask if a drunken electrician installed it, but I thought I'd be nice. Well, since you brought it up again I couldn't resist. And thanks for the tutorial. I just got my first DSLR camera and this will come in handy. Cheers! Beth C.

Di said...

Betsy, you are a mind reader I think? I see how you erased objects around the pic, but how do you erase what is showing up in the mirror or can you do that?

Diane said...

Thanks for showing how to use the cloning tool. I use Ipiccy and it has that cloning tool and it is free to use for now. I don't know if it works as well as picmonkey though. I will try this. I have a painting of pansies just like yours. The other one that goes with it is hollyhocks or some other flower. They belonged to my parents many years ago, where did you get yours? The background on mine is all yellowed though, yours looks great!

vignette design said...

I've never used Picmonkey before, but am going to give it a try. Thanks for the editing tip! ~Delores

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...