Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Antiquing When You Don't Need Nothin'!!!

I thought I had
no more room in my house!!!!!
Not a smidgen of an inch.................
Boy was I wrong!

Two years ago, I bought a tilting computer rolling table for my laptop.
(it's the table under the stack of newspapers.....)

I envisioned sitting in my club chair and typing away.....
I couldn't hold the computer on my lap
(even though it's a laptop)
because it was causing my hip muscles to ache.
I have one big laptop.
very big.
it's large.
and heavy.
Big!
Before I bought my ipad, I used to sit for hours with my laptop in my lap.
(sounds like a song.....)
I developed pain on the top of my pelvis,
what I refer to as my hips.....
I mean, when the clothing guy measures me, he measures across the curvy place just below my waist.
(that is, if I had a waist, which I don't)
(I kind of go straight down.)
And while I'm being brutally honest, I don't go to no clothing guy neither.
I don't need one for alterations to my sweat pants and T-shirts.
(where was I????)
oh yeah, my hips hurt.....

So, I thought I was going to need a hip replacement or something!!!!!
I was in pain all the time!!!!!
(I am a trouper.....and a big baby.....)
So I was trying to explain my pain,
(that rhymes!!!!)
to my doctor sister, Nancy.....
That's when I found out that "hip" problems, are supposed to be about the hips!!!!!
Which are joints!!!!!
Which are not just below the waist (if you have a waist)!!!!!

Soooooooo.....
I started scratching my head, and trying to figure out just....
what the hell was my problem, anyway?????
What had changed in the past year?????
That's when I realized that I had bought a new laptop, that I used
 all the time
and held on my lap.
Hummmmm.....
interesting.....
maybe I don't need a hip replacement.....
maybe I need a brain replacement!!!!!
So I decided to try an experiment.
I bought myself an ipad, and used that on my lap instead.
Within a month 
THE PAIN DISAPPEARED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am #$% brilliant.
So this story is about my computer table, which I bought before I figured out that I didn't need one.......

So I didn't need the ugly computer table.....
Only problem was.....
I now had become addicted to having a surface on which to dump 
my newspapers and magazines and other stuff.
So, moving in my quick as lightning manner.....
I lived with this for two years.
Sooooooo.....
Weekend before last, I went to the local antique show that my buddy Connie and I go to each year.
Sometimes Fran comes along with us, but I don't need to tell you that, 
'cuz you don't know who she is, so you probably don't care.
Sorry Fran.
Anyway.....
I went with them, because Connie is always on the lookout for 
something.....
a little of this.....
a little of that......
So I go along just for the hell of it.
BUT I DON'T NEED ANYTHING!!!!
MY HOUSE IS FULL!!!!!
COMPLETELY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least that was what I thought.
And then I found the perfect solution to my ugly computer table problem!!!!!
Two nesting tables that look like water lily leaves.
I tried to buy just one, but the lady wasn't having 
NONE OF THAT SILLINESS....
Boy am I glad she refused, because the two together function perfectly!!!!!
I love having two levels...
These tables tuck in next to my chair, are just the right size and height, and I love their style.
I couldn't have found anything better, if I had actually been looking for it!!!!!
I thought that I would repaint them.....
But then I thought.....
WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY?????
I try to make stuff look old and beat up when I repaint it.....
These are already old and beat up!!!!!
They look just fine the way they are.....
so for now,
I am leaving them in their glorious dilapidated state...
Working hard for me, and banishing the ugly computer table, that I put out with the trash, 
and someone scooped up (as I knew they would).
Don't you just love that stuff gets recycled when you put it out with the trash?????
On that note.
Later, Gator
Photobucket

21 comments:

Vikki said...

You find the best stuff! The new "nesting" tables fit your decor perfectly. Vikki in VA

Erin~Just*Grand said...

Great post! Very funny. I know what you mean about not needing any more stuff in your house. I am in the same boat and its kinda depressing because I love to hit the flea markets and garage sales and I can't bring anything home. On the plus side, I too, have an iPad and it makes surfing the blogosphere so comfy. Are you addicted to yours yet?

Brenda said...

The tables are perfect. Perhaps you could share where you went 'antiquing' (for those of us who live in FL). It's good to know where to go when you need something. Actually, we're looking for a bar cart.

20 North Ora said...

Betsy, those tables are darling and I love that they stack!! Great buy!

Judy

Amy Chalmers said...

it always seems like you will find something great when you are not looking for it. love the nesting tables and they do look perfect!

Blondie's Journal said...

The table is just perfect, just shabby enough. I like surprises like this. I love my laptop, too, but use it at the table because it just doesn't feel steady on my lap...sort of defeats the purpose though!

XO,
Jane

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love you tables, they are perfect! And yes, don't be crazy and paint them :)
I have a hard time working on my blog with my ipad...things go wrong when I do...loose comments, etc. I must need to check some settings or something?!?!
Happy Wednesday...it's almost Wednesday :)
Cindy

Art and Sand said...

The tables are great, but I want the chairs.

Rita's Recipes said...

Always a good laugh! My husband asked why I was laughing at the computer, so I made him read it. He laughed too. He understands. He's married. Love the little tables.

Unknown said...

What a funny post! Girl, that was brilliant! :D And I love your new tables, SO cute! :D

Hugs,

Sarah said...

Still smiling and giggling.......love your sense of humor and that terrific new table.

Melanie said...

Love the tables!! That is when you find the best stuff - when you are not seriously looking and think you don't need a thing!!

Priscilla said...

You sure can pick em!

Cindy said...

Oh My Gosh! They are Wonderful! I've never seen anything quite like them. What a cool find, and they look like they were made for that spot beside your chair!

Cindy

laney said...

...somewhere in this world tonight...someone is posting on their blog..."look what someone left on the curb today...a rolling computer table!...it is perfect for my newspapers...thank goodness i got rid of those leaf looking tables so i would have space for it"...i hope their find looks as wonderful as your find...blessings laney

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Those nesting tables are wonderful!!..

Lisa O' said...

Okay, what day is trash day in your neighborhood? I'm not above a little trash picking!

Anonymous said...

OMG.... I have the same tables... But I didn't get them at the same time.... I paid way too much for the taller one years ago... The about 4 years later I found the smaller one at an estate sale in my neighborhood... I love them ... I use them on the patio between two adirondack chairs next to the pool... They get moved around all the time... Great to sit a drink on...I hope you enjoy them as much as I have mine... Teresa in Dallas

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

So much more stylish than the old typing table :-)

lady jicky said...

I have to ask....
Is that tree "real" - you know , the one in that Chinese pot near your fabbo new waterlilly leaf tables?????

harga hp samsung said...

love your sense of humor and that terrific new table.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...