Tuesday, January 15, 2013

(almost) Anything Can Make a Vanity!!!

I realized that  I wasn't done showing off my buddy, Kris's home!!!!!
I meant to show y'all her powder room that is just off her kitchen.
I took pictures of it.....
I edited those pictures.....
and then I forgotted!!!!!!
Sooooo.......
Here's a shot of her leetle bathroom.
We wanted to be very clever and find something for a sink,
 that wasn't a sink,
 but could be a sink, 
if we made it into a sink.....
Sooooooo.......
Kris and I were boppin' around one day.....
looking at a bunch of old stuff.....
'cuz we really like old stuff.....
when we found this table.
I says to her.....
"Hey Kris!!!!! This be way cool!!!!!"
Where upon, she answered.....
"YUP!!!!!"
So she bought it.
The End.
(No it isn't the end)
( It's never the end)

We had to have the table worked on a little to allow for the sink's plumbing,
so the drawer was altered to accommodate the drain pipe.
The drawer still functions, which is WAY cool.....
The top of the table is covered in decoupage.
How fabuloso is this?????
Here's another shot.....
We had the guy who reworked the table give it a good coat of water repellent top sealer.
I don't remember what he used.....
So don't ask me!!!!!

After finding such a great table, we wanted to honor it by finding an equally excellent sink!
We went to Home Expo which is now no more, 
Home Depot having pulled the plug,
which is a cryin' shame, I tell ya, a cryin' shame.
We found both the sink and faucet there.

Kris did some internet diving and found the scones. 
I don't remember who they're from,
so,,,,,
don't ask me!!!!!
She wanted a somewhat rustic feel, to work with the sink and faucet.
So, of course,
since she did this with me.....
We had to spend a lot on the lampshades!!!!!
We had oil parchment ones made, with scored lines.
 You can sort of see the lines in the shot above.....

We covered the walls in a fun wall paper that looks like maps.....
Don't ask me who makes the wallpaper 'cuz
(all together now.....)
I don't remember!!!!!

And lastly is the mirror.
We looked for almost a year.
It couldn't be too wide, because it had to fit in this narrow space, 
and it had to be simple to work with the room, 
and it had to have a beat up feel,
and it had to be just what I had in mind.......
Kris kept showing me stuff, 
I didn't like it,
or it was too wide,
or it was too short,
or it was the wrong feel.......
And then one day!!!!!
Kris and I were boppin' around .....
looking at a bunch of old stuff.....
'cuz we really like old stuff.....
when I found this mirror.
It was leaning against the wall of a group antique shop.....

The daft woman walked right by it!!!!!
(She's going to yell at me for making fun of her.....)
Well!!!!!
I saw it!!!!!
AND I SCREAMED!!!!!
Well.....
I didn't really scream.....
I said,
HEY!!!!!
Kris!!!!!
What about this???????
So she bought it.......
The End.
this really is the end!!!!!

Later, Gator
Photobucket
Partying at: A Delightsome Life
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaPhotobucketDIY TutorialCLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTYshabby creek cottagePhotobucketFurniture Feature Fridays2013 Shab Friday logo<b>Add my button to your sidebar!</b>French Country Cottage

19 comments:

Katie Mansfield said...

Adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

That table is gorgeous! Love it! And, the rest of the stuff is kind of cool as well...but I really love that table!

drue said...

I don't know what your guy used, but I use a matte polyurethane on all my table tops to keep them protected. The matte finish makes it look like furniture finish and it's much better than any finish otherwise imo. I covered my sons plank dining table with it because he has twins and it filled in the gaps so food could no longer go down there and no more gouges from 3 year olds and forks.

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

My favorite room!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

It is all beautiful!!!

Mary Anne Komar said...

Now listen here if you won't tell us more about your scones, than phooooie or is it phooey or foodie, oh what the heck pass the clotted cream!

Cynthia said...

Love this bath, the sink is gorgeous.

Cynthia

sweet violets said...

Love the sink.....amazing!!!

laney said...

...beautiful pictures...funny words...just what is needed this rainy gloomy day in georgia...blessings laney

kathyr said...

Can I be your buddy, too? I'd even eat the sconces.

Divine Theatre said...

I love a happy ending!
I laughed. I cried. It moved me.

I am using an antique iron urn in my powder room.

xo

Andie

Debi Jaynes said...

Am redoing my pool bath with a sink from EXPO--oh do I miss that store. A beautiful vessel sink--clear glass with koi painted on it. It works since that's the bath by the koi pond !

Sandy said...

That is an amazing sink and vanity!
Really, just beautiful.
sandy

Pinkiegirl said...

Tres elegant! I love all the little touches she used to make it unique and wonderful.

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

So I kind of....LOVE your blog. I looked through your sidebar, and your decorating style is so inspiring. You decorate with such confidence and write with a humorous flair which is very refreshing.

Blessing from Oklahoma,
Meredith

P.S. I found you through Redoux.

Kathy said...

Hello Betsy -this is quite amazing - love the furniture piece the decopauged top, the sink, faucet and the amazing sconces with the mirror - all together terrific and you add the cool wall paper! Such an interesting powder room - I will be featuring this post in this week's Home and Garden party -well done!
Kathy

Rose :: Fine Craft said...

Betsy, you made me laugh with this post. OK. Won't ask ANY questions. And your design is great. That sink is a 'must-find-something-like-this'.

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful finishes! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Good Time Charlie said...

I have Powder room envy in the worst way! This is gorgeous, every detail. Thanks for sharing, featuring at my party this afternoon. -K

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...