Friday, January 25, 2013

Back to Boston

I didn't post anything yesterday 'cuz I was in transit.....
I had to come back up to the Boston area for a family medical emergency.
Everything looks like it's going to be OK,
 (so you don't need to get your panties in a twist.)

But enough of that, 
let me catch you up on my what's been going on in my family!!!!!
My nephew Dan Slater just had his first book released.
Here's a picture of my handsome nephew!!!!!

The book's called
 Love in the Time of Algorithms.
What Technology Does to Meeting and Mating

It's a book about online dating,
 that's all I can tell you 'cuz I haven't read my copy yet.
I preordered it from Amazon, then had to make an emergency trip back to Boston, only to get an email from Amazon that it would arrive in Florida this Saturday.....
OY OY OY OY OY
(I won't be there on Saturday.....)
(I'm up here in Boston, for my family)

It's been written up in the New York Times and the Boston Globe.
Martha Stewart gave him a book party in New York.
I am one proud Aunt!!!!!

Now.....
Before all you single ladies get excited about his handsome mug.....
He just got married!
To Sophie Herbert, a beautiful young woman 
Soooooooo.....
He's my big sister, Nancy's youngest son.
Here's a picture of my sister, Nancy!!!!!
No, this is not what she wore to the wedding, 
though I think it's
quite the chic look!!!!!

Just a quick post today.....
My life is a little topsy turvy.
But that's what families are for, 
to throw your life into complete disarray .....
Not that I need any help.

Later, Gator
Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...did young Dan meet his bride online? Inquiring minds want to know. Stay warm up there! Beth C.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So exciting, congratulations to your nephew!!!

Patty said...

I think I heard him speak on NPR today. Congratulations!!

Amy Chalmers said...

I hope your parents are ok. I'll check in tomorrow. You came back during the deepfreeze! Brrrrrrrr we have been suffering up north! Congrats to your nephew~book sounds great and partying with Martha sounds like he's written a good one!

Anonymous said...

Oh No ! I hope things turn out well for your family. We will check out your nephews new book that sounds wonderful !

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Congrats to your nephew! This is truly wonderful!

Di said...

I hope everything goes well so you can get back to Florida soon. How nice for your nephew!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Sending good thoughts your way.....big congrats to your talented nephew.

janet xox
The Empty Nest

Kay said...

How interesting about your nephew! I just read about his wedding on Martha Stewart's site a few days ago......small world!

Divine Theatre said...

Tell me more about these things you call "books"? What a clever idea! I understand they have stories inside but how does one get them out? Do you shake them?
Mabel, by the way, is not fat. She's egregiously fluffy. Leave her be.

xo

Andie

Late Bloomers said...

Like Patty I think I heard about this on NPR this morning, WAMC actually... he was charming!
Best wishes for a full recovery for the 'rents

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...