Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pain in My @$$

I'm not one to
COMPLAIN.....
(Actually, I love to complain...)
(I consider it to be an ART FORM)
BUT.....
Target really 
FRIED MY GOAT!!!!!
This is my story.....
Grab a cup of coffee, or whatever your favorite stimulant is...
(I don't judge)
(Not much, anyway)

Yesterday, I was reviewing my American Express statement,
and I noticed I hadn't been credited a canceled Target order.

I had ordered a pair of outdoor chaises for my parents through Target's on line store.
My dad LOVES to lie in the sun.
He turned 97 on Wednesday!!!!
(That's a picture I took of him on his birthday!!!!)
(Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!)
Wait....
I'm getting sidetracked.....
I'm being sweet, and I want to complain.....
oh yeah!
TARGET!!!!
So, I ordered these 2 chaises and had them shipped to my brother's house, as I was still down in Flerida, and he would then be able to set them up for my folks.....
I got an email that they shipped.
I got an email with the tracking number.
I got an email from my sister-in-law asking....
WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY?????
So I contacted UPS, and it turns out that they had never left the Target warehouse.

Sooooooooooo.....
I called target......
YEP!!!
They had never left the warehouse.
The nice lady told me that I had to start from scratch and reorder them, she would cancel out the current order, and credit back my charge card.
I said
 "Wait, you can't just send out the original order?"
and she said....
 "No, it will now be entered as a lost shipment."
 (even though it never left their warehouse.)
So I had to log back onto their website and start from the beginning.....

Sooooooo......
I reordered them.
By now I was back up in Massachusetts, so I had them shipped to my home as I live
RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO MY PARENTS......
They arrived and they were fine.
Did the job.
Look OK.

End of story,
or so I thought.

So yesterday, when I saw no credit for the first charge, I called target.
THIS IS WHAT THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THAT @#$ COMPANY TOLD ME!!!!!
Since I had paid with paypal, I could only get a gift card back in the amount of the credit.
Are they out of their @#$ minds?????
Let me see if I've got this right.....
If you buy something from them, and it's a piece of crap so you don't want it and return it.....
YOU THEN HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE FROM THEM?????
What a great racket!!!!!

You order something.
They don't ship it.
They force you to cancel the order and reorder it.
And they take your money for both orders!!!!!!

She said that it states on their website, that if you use paypal and cancel or return an order, you don't get a credit on your charge card, but only a gift card that can 
only be used at Target!!!!


OF COURSE THEY HAD SCREWED UP SHIPPING ME THE GIFT CARD TOO!!!!!

(So, I have not received the card, because they haven't sent it,
 even though it's been a month.)


I sweetly (not) pointed out to her, 
THAT
HAD
NOT
CANCELED
THE
ORDER!!!
THEY HAD!!!!!!!
And she gave me the corporate line....
"I'm sorry, that's our policy, there's nothing I can do about it."

WELL, THERE'S SOMETHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!
I told on them!
I told on them!
I told on them!
I called American Express, and they are going to bat for me!!!!
And I'm blogging about it!!!!!

They just turned a loyal Target customer 
into someone
WHO WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!!!!!

Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

34 comments:

Starr said...

Target has an abysmal return policy. I only purchase things there that are consumable, like diapers. I once wrote a complaint to the chairman of the board because I was so mad about a failed return.

If I could, I would buy everything at Nordstrom. Too bad they don't sell diapers.

Joansy said...

Good for you for complaining about this! It is absolutely ridiculous what they are doing! I will never shop online with them again. Thanks for blogging about it. It's a shame they get away with it.

Anonymous said...

Shame on Target but good for you for blogging about it. Many, many people read your blog and by bloging about it.....you can definitely do some damage to their business. By the way, I'm a fairly new reader of your blog.... and I LOVE it. Jana in Texas

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your honesty! We don't have a target where we are, in the Maritimes (Canada), however, I'm putting this tidbit in my "file" (my memory). Let's just say that my husband says I have the memory of an elephant! I DON'T forget! So Target won't be on my "to do" list when I go places where they are.

Again, thanks for the honesty!

Sandy said...

i like to shop at Target (better than our local Walmart - it's cleaner and has nicer stuff). But...this week we went to Target to look at chaise lounges for our screened in porch (didn't like what I saw at either Lowe's or Home Depot). They had a real nice one as floor display but when we grabbed a sales guy to get one from stock he advised they had none available at the store. We could drive to another store (not close by of course) that showed three in stock but he couldn't order one in for us or tell us when another one would come in. We thought that was poor customer service to not to be able to order one in for us. Needless to say they lost a paying customer as we will go elsewhere. And box stores wonder why we order everything through Amazon! Loved your cute post with the pictures of the kids! Isn't it great to have a voice...

Anonymous said...

Good ole American Express! They'll always take care of you! Sorry that happened but you are always much safer using American Express. We've encountered things like this and Amex has always done the right thing for us.
Glad all is well!
Whine on... Shelia ;)

Fairfield House said...

Betsy,
If American Express strikes out due to policy I suggest you take the gift card and buy yourself a Gift Card of choice {perhaps Visa} where you can spend your money where you want and won't be held hostage at Target. That's the problem with corporations -- too many policies and red tape. No one can think outside the box and resolve a problem.
Deborah

Lori said...

I hear everyone complain about target refunds. I never buy wedding gifts there anymore.

Heather said...

Yes, Target has the most challenging return policy, but your story takes the cake. I like Target, like their selection, and there are no "people of Target," unless you count suburban, over-processed mommies in their gigantic SUVs. Sounds like you've set your sights on Target's bullseye! Go get 'em!

Unknown said...

Yep, all these stores whining about Amazon taking all their business don't get any sympathy from me -- Amazon does great not just because they have good prices, but because their customer service is excellent!

scone said...

After reading about your experience, Target just lost another customer-- me. Power to the (blogging) people!

nancy said...

Sorry about your experience. Hope AMEX fixes it. Thanks for letting us know about it.

AndeM1 said...

Uggg...I love target, but after hearing your story I will likely think twice before ordering from them online! Hope it all works out...what a mess!

Please can we see more of your kitchen and family room ........pretty please!!!
Andrea

Erin~Just*Grand said...

They say if you are happy with a purchase, you might tell a few people, but if you are unhappy, you tell ten people! You have outdone yourself here! Hope AmEx comes through for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy,
Thank you for your wonderful blog, I love reading it. I will take Target off my list of stores to shop at. I recommend Nordstrum, the best customer service ever! Amazon and QVC are good too. Laura

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Betsy,
I never shop at Target and definitely will never shop there now. What a horror story. This is why I love shopping with American Express. They will go to bat for you and Target will have to give you your money back. AMX rocks!

Mean ole Target....boooooooo!

hugs
Sissie

Amy Chalmers said...

I don't hardly ever shop at Target....and if I do, its cuz I am looking at Rachel Ashwell's line...but this is bad bad bad...policies, service and sense! Who makes the rules at Target anyway? They did wrong by Nita when she was a stellar employee there, and now they did you wrong in a situation that never shoulda happened.....they are not high on my list I have to say!

Brenda Pruitt said...

That is just downright ugly. U-G-L-Y. Shame on them! You go, girl!
Brenda

Rooms by Ann said...

I have never been crazy about target. I am so glad you stuck up for yourself.Happy to be a follower.

Anonymous said...

Target has been rapidly declining in my eyes over the past few years as their prices are no longer discount store prices. I also have had difficulties returning things. This could be the final straw. They got the money from Paypal, they can easily refund your money. OR, it is very easy to put money back into your Paypal balance. You should also contact Paypal and enter a dispute; they've helped me out before.

Anonymous said...

Guess they didn't know who they were messin with. You showed them. Now people all over will think twice about ordering from them. That's too bad, I thought they were a better company than that.
Kathy

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

Maybe this is why I rarely order something online. What a total bummer about Target's policies! At least it sounds like you're going to get help from American Express.

I almost ordered some slipcovers online from Target but was afraid they may not work out. Glad now that I didn't. Imagine what might have happened if I had tried to return to the local store!

Thanks for letting us know about the stupidity of Target's policies.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Well, phooey, Target is my favorite place to shop. Though now that you mention it, the return process has gotten me riled up a time or two. I mostly buy groceries there, though, and haven't had any problems in that respect.

Anonymous said...

I had a bad experience with them trying to return something I had ordered online. What's up wiwth them?

Anonymous said...

How ironic, they cancelled the order, I would be fuming too. Thanks for the heads up on their ridiculous policy. I would try to go further up the corportate line, and talk to someone that has common sense, the person you dealt with obviosly didn't.

Pam from Louisville said...

I'm sorry this happened to you, but the kiddie pictures are hilarious. Sorry to laugh while you are having problems, but looking at those cute faces, I couldn't help it.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

You go girl....give it to 'em! My daughter would buy her kids at Target if they had any....I need to warn her about this! I know she's returned stuff there but maybe she ALWAYS has the receipt and ALWAYS leaves the tags on...she is a LITTLE bit OCD.....
Blessings, Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Good for you for not letting that go! Getting the credit card co. involved is always a good idea. I never shop online target, but have gone there for mostly grocery store type items when they have better sales. Love your blog! Janet

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

AmEx has always come through for me even when the store is horrible. I have found that American Express is well worth the annual fee simply for the customer satisfaction policy. I hope that your experience is as positive as mine have been.

Jaybird said...

A-HA!!! You recall that I had a credit card problem as well...we discussed it on the other Target post....
They are terrible and I am thankful that you had AMEX to help you out. When I had a problem with them, the credit card company was helpful, but they did not take over the fight.
Good luck to you,
J

Vicki said...

I am sorry to hear this about Target because I shop there for the miscellaneous stuff as opposed to Walmart, but this is absolutely ridiculous. But your kid photos are perfect!

Mir said...

Aunt B, I just read this during my lunch break and I'm all fired up. Can I call them for you?!@ I think we need to talk to a supervisor, this is outrageous.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Moral of the story - don't mess with Betsy or her hottie of a 97 year old dad!
Go with your Target ass kicking self!
Kelly

Charlotte Des Fleurs said...

Haven't shopped at Target for over two years. They used to have a pretty decent little garden department. While it was small, they often carried unusual flowers and herbs that Lowes and HD don't bother to carry. We also bought a pretty nice concrete fountain about 10 years ago.

When they closed the garden department (not enough business?) I wanted to complain to someone. However, there is NO ONE on-line or on the internet to complain to! My local Targets left their former garden spaces empty most of the year. How does that create income for their stores? The only reason I ever bought anything at a Target was because I visited the Garden department first.

Not a Target customer any more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...