Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Furniture Painting Workshop and FOOD!!!

On Sunday I trekked over to Malden Ma
 with my trusty side kick and bidness partner Kris.
We went to Amy Chalmers' first paint workshop at her new store: 
Maison Decor 
She set up the main part of the store to accommodate 7 very enthusiastic broads!!!!
(I stole this picture from Amy's blog,
 as I couldn't take a shot of ME while I was painting.....)
That's me in the navy blue T shirt on the left!!!!!
Amy took the job of teaching us very  seriously.....
and I took the job of learning very seriously too, yes I did too!!!

She taught us how to do a wet distress finish as well as rubbing and ageing and all sorts of other good stuff.
My best picture was of lunch (which was included!!!!)
We even each got our very own water bottle. Amy gave us tape, so that we could label them, so as to know whose was whose.
So I labeled mine.....
Well.....
when I was done with the workshop, and it was time to go home.....
Amy
SUCKED THE MONEY
right out of my pocket.....

I bought a gazillion different colors, and Colin was more than happy to write up the order.
(Notice how I used my watermark to put my name
 on the Annie Sloane box!!!!!)
So.....
This was just a quick post, not on one of my usual days, to tell about the fun workshop.
I'll let you know if I actually like working with the paint when I try to tackle one of my pieces of furniture that I plan on selling.
It's very different from what I'm used to. 
It's thicker and dries quicker.
So I'll have to experiment, and I know there will be a learning curve up ahead.....
I do a different type of painted finish than Amy,
 so it will be interesting to see 
if this paint will do what I want it to.


Latah Gatah
Photobucket

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Damn, that lunch looks GOOD! I like your water bottle label too... and ummmmmmmm, are you sure you behaved yourself, and sat quietly and used your inside voice???

Cindy

Brenda Pruitt said...

It would be a giant learning curve for me, as I am not even an astute spray painter. That boy sure has his mother's smile. And I love your sense of humor, Ms. Betsy!
Brenda

Lori said...

You are CWACKIN me up. Love that you include yourself in the picture. Love that you put your name on the box. Love that you gave Amy lots of your MONEY! Love that I know how to use all caps, just like you!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

If it knows what's good for it, that paint dang well better do what you want it to do! (I know, you would have used a different word than dang, but I think the paint will still get the gist of what I'm saying!)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

So glad you had a wonderful time learning from "the master"...Amy is a wonderful person!...and yes, you already know that!!...Happy painting...it's great stuff!!....Even this very challenged DIY'er can work with this paint!

Nutbird said...

Just add a little water when it starts to thicken up. You can't add too much. This paint is easy to work with because the more you work with it, the better it looks. Did you buy the orange? Ann

Nutbird said...

Just add a little water when it starts to thicken up. You can't add too much. This paint is easy to work with because the more you work with it, the better it looks. Did you buy the orange? Ann

The White Pear Tree said...

I really like ASCP myself, it's foolproof, so it's perfect for someone like me!

Looks like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how you like the ASCP and how your projects turn out. I've yet to bring myself to get the paint & wax. I'm more of a "if I'm gonna paint it, I want it to look new" kind of person. Not too into distressed look...after all that painting work. ;-)

Shingle Cottage said...

I can not wait to see what you come with using the Annie Sloan paints,lunch looked so yummy and love the ME water haha x

Amy Chalmers said...

Betsy you will master this as you have mastered all that you set your mind to...all Annie Sloan projects do not have to look old or distressed either as Anon suggested~its equally easy to create a fancy store furniture finish too. I can't wait to see your projects! Love the photo of Colin, that was adorable!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Betsy! This sounds like such a fun day. I would love to see Amy's shop and meet her in person. Thanks for following and I am following back.

Anonymous said...

I think the lunch alone would have been enough to get me to that class. It looks really yummy! Can't wait to see what you do with that "personalized" box of paint.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...