Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Miriams Dining Room revealed

O.K., here we go!!!!!!!!
The story continues!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!
So after the new wood work was installed and Miriam and Ross spackeled the damaged walls, (and I filled the nail holes in the wood, (I am soooo great)). They primed the walls and woodwork.

























Then they painted the walls and woodwork!!










 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At this point the young couple was REALLY releaved that that part of the project was OVER.
 

 
We had painted the sideboard.....
 
Now, the interesting thing about this paint job; is that even though we primed it with kilz, the stain or sap or whatever the @#$ it is, seeped through the primer and gave it an old dirty fabulous finish. It looked really white the first day, just a little old, so I didn't paint a finish coat, just another coat of primer, which I sort of dry brushed on, for a distressed look. Over time it has "aged" into what it looks like today. I added some accent details on the legs and top edge in a darker beige color.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then I started fabricing the walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
RELAX, DON'T WORRY!!!!! I will show how to do this in a post coming your way soooon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At this point I had a stern talking to, to Miriam. I said "CLEAN THE @#$ ROOM UP NOW!! BEFORE I BRING IN THE DRAPERIES!!!! So she did.
She and Ross moved everything out of the space, to get it all ready for the big day.
I arrived on Saturday, so excited I could hardly stand myself.
The first thing we did was hang the chandelier, since that would take the most concentration; I wanted to do it before I got so tired I couldn't think.
Ross wasn't so sure about actually touching the wires (I told him to lick them), but he was a great help in the over the head exertion, 'cuz I have rotator cuff issues.
 
 
Pearla the wonder dog is helping.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yayyyy!!! We got it hung up, and it actually works. Miriam and Ross are VERY impressed with Aunt B!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had added some gold detailing to the white paint job.....
 
 
 
 
 
And then I had to beat it up for a shabby cool look.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At this point I wanted to get the drapery pole brackets up. I was leaving the adding of the double welt on the walls for last, as that would take the least amount of brain power. The draperies are easy to get up and down, so when I got to the windows with the welting, I could just remove and replace the window treatments. (Who am I kidding? I couldn't wait that long to put up the draperies, so I jumped the gun in the interest of instant gratification, and I got no resistance from the young couple!) Ross was an invaluable help with putting up the @#$ poles as I kept on running into some mysterious barrier in the walls that I couldn't drill past. Boy, nothing beats a guys muscles!!!!
 
 
 

Then I hung the draperies that I sewed with my very own little hands!! I have some tips on making draperies that I will share real soon.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
O.K., I don't want to make this too long, as I realize that blogs aren't supposed to be books. So in the next post, I will show the furniture in place. 

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I can't believe this is even the same room! This is so totally fun to watch... I can't wait to see the whole thing together, and then a before and after photo! Wow!

Cindy

Amy Chalmers said...

I am loving this story too!! Yay aunt Betsy~how lucky are you Miriam??? It looks so pretty already, even without it being all floofed up!

Martha said...

I hope Meriam knows how &*%#@+%# fortunate she is to be related to you! It looks wonderful so far. Love the curtains.

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

Personally I love long blogs...so keep adding info and photos as necessary to make yourself and your readers happy...:-) I love your blogs at any length..and your work.

Maureen said...

Can't wait for the final reveal! The walls and drapes are looking fabulous!

Karen said...

Gotta agree with Connie - Love your blogs at any length (preferably entire books:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...