Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Instant (sort of) gratification

OH BOY!!!!! I got my light put up today with the help of Nigel, my trusty contractor. He stopped by to do a small job for my parents who now live next door to me, and while he was here.......I used him, I mean, he was kind enough to help me out. I have rotator cuff issues (all those years of moving furniture when I was too impatient to wait for help), so it can be hard to hold my arms over my head for any length of time, and when I do a simple do it your self job that should take 5 minutes, it can take me a lot longer than that.
Here's the way my kitchen looked with the old light......

This shows it with the light on.










This shows it with the light off


































So let me show you my new Ebay purchase. I must complement the seller!!! He shipped it so fast I felt like I had barely turned off my computer when UPS rang my doorbell to sign for the package.
This is his Ebay info.
Member id: richardshorse ( Feedback Score Of 653)
New England Ligthouse Inc.

And here's my new light turned on............

And here's my new light turned off, it's easier to see this way...........




















And now for the close up Mr. Deville.......

It's pretty obvious how in love I am with this new light, as I have as many pictures of it as if I were a new parent!
So I lied yesterday when I wrote that I would only have one more post about my kitchen/family room. 'Cuz, I still have one more to go before I move on to other spaces.
Adios!! (I'm multilingual!)





8 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

It really looks pretty! I can see why you love it so much!~Hugs, Patti

Karen said...

Betsy - you are just pure inspiration! I have been such a fan of yours for quite some time. I have all kinds of clippings from magazines that showed your work (heck - I even 'borrowed' a magazine from a doctor's waiting room years back, featuring one of your houses). I convinced my local library to purchase your 'Great Color and Pattern Collection' (they did - multiple copies:) and have never met a room/house of yours that I didn't love instantly! I love the fact that you repurpose/recycle lots of items (one that comes to mind is the use of a radiator cover turned upside down and used as cupboards in your seaside home - brillant!) I'm sorry I am gushing - but you really are so very talented! I kept hoping you would do your own blog - THANK YOU! I know it's a lot of hard work - but it is SO very appreciated . . .

Betsy Speert said...

Karen, what a wonderful comment! It makes me feel so good to have people who are familiar with my work follow me in this new adventure. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this blogging business. Did you sign up to have my posts emailed to you? I just learned about that, and it is really cool. So stay tuned!

Amy Chalmers said...

I think the new light is great!! It really stands out and looks fabulous in the kitchen. I hope you do a post on your tole collection...what is that big covered barrel in the family room that I see....

Starr said...

The color is outstanding. Such a departure from the big box blahs you often see at home improvement stores.

Karen said...

Betsy - forgot to tell you HOW much I am enjoying your blog:) And I have to say I burst out laughing a lot of the time by your comments - I bet your sense of humor was a huge help in dealing with some of the types of clients you surely had . . . And YES - I signed up for your posts the second I found your blog! I always learn something new from you at every post and by the way, thank you for being a fan of wallpaper - it can really make a room something special (like I have to tell you:)

Donna D said...

So pretty!

Mary Ruth said...

Discovered your DIY projects some time back, but had the time today to read your reno posts.

I lived many years in Waltham and Newton, also Hull. And I NOW live full time in Florida so I like reading you mentioning those places in Massachusetts.
LOVE your NE humor and your style.

In the kitchen... LOVE The new light and it is screaming for a stenciled medallion!

Not done reading so I will get back to browsing your blog.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...