Tuesday, December 11, 2012

City Cottage Kitchen


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay Dokey gentle readers......
Let's resume looking at my bidness partner, Kris's home....
We left off in the dining room, so it only makes sense to amble on into the kitchen.....
When I first met Kris, this is what her kitchen looked like.....

There is no picture here!!!!!
Where's the before shot?????


HA!
Kris was supposed to send me one, and she hasn't, so I can't show you.
Let me describe it.....
IT WAS TINY!!!!!
IT WAS CRAMPED!!!!
IT HAD NOOOOOO COUNTER SPACE!!!!!
The light fixture was a bare bulb hanging from a wire, I kid you not!!!!! 
Sooooooo.....
She bumped out the back of her house, took out the back staircase.....
and presto, chango.....
(with umpteen million construction horror stories, delays and upcharges.....)
She had a new kitchen....
JUST LIKE THAT!!!!!
She always wanted a cozy place to curl up and read and sip tea.....
so, a window seat, banquette was designed.....

Here's a closer look.....
I had the cushion covered in an outdoor fabric,
 'cuz the men in her family are pigs prone to spills.
And then I piled loads of pillows along the window.....
Some of these I made, and some we scored at Potter Barn....
I added some trim flange detail for a little flair.....
We chose a wallpaper that played off the red and gold tones of the rest of the house.....
It's from F. Schumacher, so this way you don't have to ask me where the wallpaper is from.
AND IF YOU DO......
I WILL BE RUDE, AND TELL YOU TO READ THE 
#$% BLOG!!!!!
We had a chandelier that didn't sell in our antique store, because people are stoopid.
So I convinced suggested to Kris, that she use it in her Kitchen.
I told her it would be perfect.
(I just didn't want to have to store it in my basement special climate controlled storage unit)
I looked deep into her eyes, and murmured.....
"But, Kris.....It's FREE!!!!!!!" 
I think it looks very nice, even if I did have a secrete agenda....
So, then, of course.....
WE HAD TO HAVE CUSTOM SHADES MADE!!!!!!!!!
They are oiled parchment, and give a nice soft glow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have more to share, but don't want to overstay my welcome.....
And, besides, I don't feel like writing any more,
 'cuz I'm lazy.
I spent the morning at Maison Decor sewing pillows together for Amy's store.
I used her sewing machine, and was having trouble getting it to sew....
Amy, nicely, (hah) pointed out that I hadn't lowered the pressure foot.....
I felt stoopid.
She laughed at me.....
So much for friendship.
On that note.....
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

12 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

hahh you always make me laugh!! I love laughing out loud, and I don't very often, but chances are I will when I get the time to read this funny blog of yours. You did a great job sewing today, even if you were using a foreign machine. Kris kitchen is beautiful!

Kris said...

Kris gave you not one but two pictures ... one has an angel and a shepherd in it ... very timely!

(signed) Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Awesome things here. I am very glad to peer your article. Thanks a lot and I am having a look ahead to contact you.
Will you please drop me a mail?
Also see my website > Amphora Pipe Tobacco

Shingle Cottage said...

Great idea to use outdoor fabric on the cushions and i love the oiled parchment shades.
I viewed your beautiful pillows on Amy's blog yesterday,they are gorgeous!
I need to know....Are you going to drop Amphora Pipe Tobacco above an email haha? x

Anonymous said...

Love the wallpaper and fabrics! And that chandy is the bomb. Have done the presser foot thing a time or two myself :)

The White Pear Tree said...

Beautiful! Lucky friend...

Dharma said...

There is nothing lovelier than a butta-yella kitchen :) I just swooned. Seriously gorgeous.

Wall Decal Company said...

Love the seating by the window.

Sue said...

LOVE IT!!! I want to come over and sit on that window seat! The colors are mine- except I just painted my kitchen Sherwin William's 'picnic'. Decided to get daring in my old age and I like it but I LOVE Kris's kitchen. Now if you ever decide to do the question, advice thing again I have a question about color-choosing the right one between my newly painted red dining room and yellow/gold living room. I will keep stalking you until you do (and keep saving money for my painter because the ceilings are high!). Thanks for sharing, I REALLY enjoy your blog!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love that banquette and all those adorable pillows! the kitchen is a dream, even if it's yellow.

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi dear Betsy,

I been reading your blog for sometimes, however this early December I was in vain when my dear Mum passed away. I stopped reading blogs. Now, when everything is in peace, I browse directly on to your blog and found this post.

While browsing down, I found your wallpaper and i blinked not twice, thrice but many times. I called my daughter & Gh (great hubby) what I called my husband and asked them if this wallpaper is exactly the same pattern and they both said yes.

I had mine as curtains and I had them as I can remember. About 20 years?

I so love the pattern and I guess I will make them to pillow cases.

I need to find my Autumn post as I posted that as my tablecloth that time.

Happy Christmas Day.

Greetings froma snowy Stockholm City.
/CC girl

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

HI! First time to your blog. I LOVE this kitchen. Can you tell me the color of the paint on the cabinets??? Just gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...