I finally finished all the sewing stuff in my study!!!!!
I know, I know,
you guys are all so happy for me!!!!!
As well you should be.
To reward you......
I AM GOING TO SHOW YOU...
ALL MY PICTURES...
of the last two items I sewed with my very own little paws.....
Since this project was going to be the slipcover for my desk chair,
and since I spend a lot of time at this desk writing my blog....
Working hard to keep you guys entertained.....
The fabric choice had to be durable and one to hide any possible stains....
Not that I'm not a
pristine and dainty blogger,,,,,,......!!!!!
I have been know to spill the occasional drop of coffee or diet soda....
The chair I use is one of a set of four.
One is in my bedroom, and two are in my dining room.
I'VE BROKEN THROUGH ALL THEIR SEATS!!!
Caned seats are
So, to fix the problem,
I stapled webbing around the frame,
being careful not to interfere with any future restoration efforts
of reattaching more cane.
Then I ordered a square pillow, made a rectangular cover for it and shoved the pillow into the cover.
I had a rectangular pillow to fit the rectangular shape of the seat.
Then I simply made a slipcover to lay over it.
I didn't need to make a pillow cover,
it's just a top cover.
I was going to add ties at the corners, but decided that it didn't need it.
I'm probably wrong, but then....
I be lazy!!!
I had some contrast welting left over from some other chairs I had reupholstered, and the blue was a perfect match, so I was able to use it for this project.
JUST ENOUGH LEFT OVER!!!!!
I'M LIVING RIGHT I TELL YA!!!!!
The pattern laid out nicely, so that the
garland frames where my tush goes!!!!
Then I made a lumbar support pillow.
I had fabric left over from the little footstool I reupholstered, so it was the perfect choice for this pillow.
The floral fabric was from Cowtan & Tout,
and the striped fabric was from Jasper.
there you have it,
I am actually finished in this room now,
unless I do something else,
in which case I'm not,
finished that is.....