Saturday, December 17, 2016

I'm Loosing My Mind, So You Have To Come With Me....

That's right little campers.....
I'm back for another post 
right on the heels of my previous one!!!!!
You guys are so lucky.
Or, as they say in New Jersey,
Yous Guys.
Seee?
I learned something from my under graduate degree.

After writing that I was definitely going to use the green colorway of my cabbage rose pattern.
I have changed my mind.
Again.
Quelle Surprisio!!!!!
(spell check doesn't like it when I make up new foreign languages.....)
(spell check has no sense of humor.....)

You may wonder why there are two blog posts in close succession...
WELL...
I have a headache.
And my headache medication has caffeine in it.
I don't normally have caffeine.
Due to medical issues that are none of your damn business.
(Not that you would be interested, 'cuz my family is certainly bored hearing about them, and they are all doctors.)
SOOOOOOO.......
when I have a headache, it is a great excuse to get a little caffeine in my system.
Which my brain box really really really really loves.

AND.......
I am having trouble working out a drop repeat right now on a new design, so I am looking for any excuse to distract me from my frustration.

So,
let's get to today's design issue for little Betsy.
We left off here.
I was going to use my green colorway.
I really love this look.
It is fresh and pretty....(if I do say so myself.....)
however....
there was an uproar from the peanut gallery pushing the pink color back to the forefront
of my cerebellum.  
You guys liked it in the room, and pointed out that it was more what I was known for.
Not that you shouldn't allow me to evolve.
sheesh.
So I placed the pink on my antique French chair to show the class how it looks, because that is how I will be using it.
Like the way all my pictures are blurry?????
I am too lazy to pull out my tripod, and I am shooting in low light.
So deal with it.
I gots to admit that this colorway goes better with the rug and bookcase.
Maybe that's because I originally designed it to go with my living room.
It was so long ago that I forgot that.
Can you believe me?
Talk about a senior moment.
I expressly colored blue flowers into the bouquet to pull in the blue of the bookcase.
I worked really hard for this $%# colorway to work with my living room, and then I forgot that I did that.
Below is the way we sell it in my collection.
It is a fresher pallet.
Josh chose the more muted one that I show above to be printed on my natural linen ground.
Here is one of my fabulous side by sides!!!!!
See how the one on the right is more muted?
That's the one for me.
Below I've pinned the two samples to my current drapery panels, you can see the difference even better. 
Sooooooo.....
the one on the right is the bright way it's being sold, and the one on the left is the way I will use it, and it's not for sale, unless you want it, and then, of course we can accommodate you!!! 
AND THEN!!!!!
BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT!!!!!
I had to try another colorway.
This is the French blue on white.
I am not going to do it.
But I am leaving no stone unturned.
I need another caffeine pill.
Or something.
ANYTHING.
please.
on that note,
Latah Gatah
Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this absolutely SCREAMS Betsy! But not too loudly because...headache. Love the muted version. Perfect!

Rhonda said...

Yes!!! Glad you listen to the peanut gallery!

Dolores said...

Perfect! The green version, while lovely, wasn't truly 'you', and it reminded me a bit of a larger, denser version of Colefax & Fowler's Bowood'..

lynn said...

Love the blue!!

Betty said...

Oh, I love them all!!

Donnamae said...

I'm whispering this....terrific!! I love the pink!! That is so you...it is so Betsy!!

bmayer said...

You are not losing your mind. I operate the same way, so I should know. Why dont you make a pillow top that is reversible, so if one day you want green you have it, or flip it over and have the pink? It's what we indecisive people (possibly with multiple personality disorder) would do.

Faw said...

Glorious decision!

Mrs. Lyon said...

Okay, I guess I'm the only one who prefers the green and white?

Red Berry said...

Too flippin funny! This little peanut in the upper gallery still likes the green and white... but the muted pink IS very lovely as well. And hey - a point for Josh for "giving you" a muted version. Woo Hoo!
(...after all of the grief that he gives, it is hard for me to give him credit... but change MAY be in the air after all...)
The other colorways may come in handy in another part of the house... or in someone else's. ( It would just be TOO FUNNY if this pattern would be one of your biggest sellers...)
Thanks for the extra treat of back- to -back updates! Hope you are feeling better ~

bmayer said...

No Mrs Lyon, I prefer the green and white too.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the brighter pink color additions. It brings life into an otherwise dull, sleepy colorway-the muted greens were sleep inducing. The brighter colors pick up your bookcase and bring an energy into the room-really nicely. Good luck with your new fabrics-can't wait to see all.

Charlotte Des Fleurs said...

Dear Betsy, What I like best about green is that it acts as a neutral. While your green color way is not my favorite (I like the one with pink in it) doing your walls and room in green will allow you to accent it with almost any color. You can easily bring in pink, red, purple, violet, etc. with flowers or other accents. But, hey, YOU are the decorator and you already know that!

In MY own home I have moss green, ivory and soft gold in all the bedrooms. Interesting that Anon 11:18 PM called green sleep inducing. I do like the relaxing, natural look of green in a bedroom. While I have gold, ivory and a ruby red in all the public rooms. My public areas are more energetic so the ruby red accents seem to fit best.

Wishing you great success with your fabric line.

Smiles from Charlotte

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...