Saturday, June 11, 2016

Choosing A New Coffee Table For Connie

SOOOOOOOOOOO.....
I sorta let the cat out of the bag in my last post.
I wanted to save showing you guys Connie's new coffee table for the sun room.....
BUT
I needed to show an overall view of the room.
Soooooooo.....
I kinda hoped you wouldn't notice that the table had changed.......
Did anyone?????
We had been using her old table from her previous beach house to tide us over until we could find one that was just right for this space.
Tradition Home Magazine
Above is how it looked in her old home on the ocean.
below is how it looked as a temporary stand in while we hunted for a replacement.
It is a beautiful table, but Connie wanted to go for a less rustic country look in her new home.
SOOOOOO.....
Chris, her hubby, got to take this table to his sitting area in his storage-garage space where he restores vintage cars in his spare time.
Now that the old man is retired.....
He's got lots of spare time.....
Don't tell him I called him old....
oops, he reads this blog!!!!!
SOOOOOOO.......
Connie and I were on the hunt.
It's one of our favorite things to do.
Of course, lunch is always involved because we are now of the age of 
"Ladies who lunch!!!!!"
It's not as much fun as it used to be, because as I've aged.....
now I can't eat half of what's on the menu.
Anyway, what could be better???
Antiquing and food?????
SOOOOOOOO.....
We were in the store that had the fabuloso chest that Connie got that I talked about in my last post.
And I was walking around mumbling to Connie about my vision for what the coffee table should look like.
I said I wanted it to be metal.
I said it would be great if it looked like an old garden table.
I said that we had to be patient and to keep looking until we found the just right oh my god this is it coffee table for her sun room.
WELL!!!!!
The proprietor of the store, whose name shall be a secret, 
(it's Susan)
was a big fat eavesdropper and over heard my whispered mumblings.
OK, maybe I have a loud voice.
My family tells me I have a very loud voice.
My friends seem to be of the same opinion.
Look.....
when you are the youngest of 5 $%# kids, you have to pipe up
 or no one will pay attention to you.

Anyway, she seemed to have overheard my comments to Connie.
She said she may have just what we wanted.
She brought me over to the magic table
 (also known as her sales counter)
and opened up her magic binder of inventory.
MUSIC PLAYED
BELLS CHIMED
ANGLES SANG
there in the pages of her book was exactly what I had imagined in my warped little mind.
SOOOOOO.....
Connie bought it.
The End.

No, wait, I'm not done.
So here are the pictures of the table, as it now sits in the sun room in Connie and Chris's new home.
You can see that the table was made out of an antique garden gate from France.
We have ordered a new chair that matches the sofa, and the seagrass chair, which was from the old house by the sea, is going to Chris's garage.
Wonderful legs were created and added to the frame that holds the gate.
The beautiful brackets that were incorporated into the leg design reflect the scrolls of the gate.
Here's a top view of the table. 
I can't believe that I voiced what my design concept was.....
and the shop proprietor whipped it out of thin air!!!!!
So the last thing to add was the draperies which have since been installed.
I wasn't there when they went up.
So Connie took a couple of pictures.
However, Connie's pictures are sorta crappy, so I will take my own next fall when I am back down in Florida
Don't tell Connie I called her pictures crappy.
(oops, she reads this blog!)

On that note....
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket


























\\

8 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You made me laugh out loud Betsy !
I love the table with the antique French gate's brass, just perfect for the look of the Connie's almost all white and fresh living room.
FABBY

Vikki said...

Yes indeed that is the perfect table for Connie's living room. It would also look perfect in my living room. Vikki in VA

Diane said...

Wow What a perfect room. Diane

bmayer said...

Well this is stunningly beautiful room, but I'd rather live in the one you designed for her old house. It has more soul.

LilyOake said...

Oh wow, as usual, there's a good laugh to be had reading your blog (and I've taken plenty of crappy photos of things myself!) but then there are the gorgeous/stunning/beautiful/interesting rooms you do for people's homes which are a joy to look at. I love hearing the progress of each room too. Have a wonderful day!

TheScentedCottage said...

So Betsy, August is over halfway gone. You comin' back???? Some of us miss you.
Just sayin'.

bmayer said...

Where have you been? We've missed you!

defaziolinda said...

Are you OK?? We miss you, or send us the address for a get well card! I need you to decorate my place - or actually I need to borrow your ideas. Come back!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...