Monday, March 30, 2015

More on Connie's Bedroom.....

Before I get to today's post.....
let me just say.....
I AM SO SICK OF WHITE IN DECORATING I COULD JUST PUKE!!!!!
Wait.....
Let me clarify.....
I have done a white living room and sunroom for Connie.
Maybe that's why I'm over white.
Been there, 
Done that.
I have white slipcovers in my own living room.
THEY WILL BE CHANGED WHEN MY FABRIC LINE COMES OUT.
I need to figure out a pattern to work in that room.
NO PRESSURE.....
OY, I've just told the world.
WHAT IF I CAN'T DESIGN SOMETHING THAT LOOKS GOOD?????
Well.
now I have to.
Connie's white living room is lovely
(if I do say so myself).
She wanted serine, she wanted peaceful, she wanted white.
So that's what she got.
And it works.
BUT I AM DONE WITH WHITE.
Give me your huddled masses yearning for color.
That's where my heart is.
I should write a book on color......
wait, I ALREADY DID!!!!! look to the right, look to the right, look to the right....
OK, I'm just being goofy, but I gots some caffeine coursing through my veins and I am flying right now.....

anyway.....

on to today's post.
Let us return to Connie's bedroom.

At the foot of the bed are a pair of big comfy club chairs.
Connie and I have spent hours in those chairs, combing through our iPads, looking for things on eBay and First Dibs.
This is a shot of the room in transition.
The mirrored table moved.
The white table was temporary, 
and nothing was on the walls.
To decorate the room, we started with the colors in the rug.
It came with the house, and Connie loved the colors so that's what we worked with.
It's a woven loop pile called a Wilton.
According to Bloomsburg Carpets
  1. Wilton carpets are pile carpets whereby the pile is formed by inserting wires in the pile warps of the carpet. After extraction of the wires the pile is looped (in case straight wires have been used) or cut (in case cutting wires are used).
weave

The Wilton Weave construction is the most versatile & unique weave structure.
Wilton carpets are capable of 'all cut', 'all loop' or a combination of the two textures.
Because the yarn is buried on the back and only lifted when a specific color is needed, it gives the wilton product more body, resilience, and great quality.

So,
now you know as much as I do about Wilton carpets.

We lucked out and found fabrics that matched the rug perfectly.
Can you believe it?????
How great is that!!!!!
The solid green linen is what we used to outline the draperies.
I still need to get new pillows for the chairs.
The ones that are being used now are from Connie's old bedroom color scheme.
(I just saw that we need to steam the skirts on the chairs.....)

This was her old bedroom.
I designed and made the needlepoint. 
no
I won't make one for you, so don't ask.
The view out Connie's old bedroom was of the ocean.
I love the new view even more.
I find that looking out at lush green pretty things makes me feel all happy inside.
Soooooo.....
The saying 
"A Happy Wife is a Happy Life"
should be changed to.....
"A Happy Decorator is a Happy Connie"
'cuz her new house makes me feel all happy inside,
even if she does have a white living room.

On that note,
Later, Gator
Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only things that should be white are bathrooms and maybe kitchens. I, too, am over all this white stuff (except my white & black bathroom) and love, love, love color. I dislike the current trend of zigzags and ikat stuff and crave lush florals and ferns, curvey, swirly lines and would love some floral toiles. I'm drawn to your style of decorating. Color, patterns, textures are so alive and joyful! I study every picture you post of your home (and others) to better learn size of print to check to stripe (and yes, I know there is a word for that, but right now I can't think of it). I'm looking forward to seeing the fabrics you design. Just do what you love and the best will come. RSmith

Mary said...

Ditto on the white. Although, Connie's bedroom is gorgeous and at least you have some interesting pattern.

I can't wait for your fabric line.

I wish I could be Connie from the south and you would come down to Virginia and select a paint for my kitchen and family room combo. I am sick of trying to please everyone. My husband hates blue, and we have a very blue gray tiled floor, and light stained kitchen cabinets. It is very frustrating.

Sorry I hi-jacked this wonderful post about Connie's home.

Mary
from Virginia

cindy hattersley design said...

Betsey this room is pure heaven. I adore the curtain detailing! I am pinning to my window covering board...soooo pretty!!

Anonymous said...

The bedroom is lovely with a very calming color palette. Perhaps add a lining to the valences?

Anonymous said...

Amazing all pic and informative blog information about bedroom shutters, I like this services.

Plantation Shutters London
Curtains North London

Unknown said...

I can boast that I never drank the Kool-Aid and stayed far away from the white decorating. I think I almost stand alone with that declaration. I have been guilty of throwing white quilts over the sofas when summer hits. I live in the Deep South known for its sauna like weather so light feels right in the summer. I can't wait to see your new line. I have a great idea! Why don't you promote it by furnishing drapes made in your new collection??!!

Rue said...

Her room really is gorgeous.

I'm thrilled to here a designer say they are sick of white though ;)

Anonymous said...

"A Happy Wife Is A Happy Life"? Seriously? Dear God.

(And I've been happily married 40 years but as I said...seriously? Dear God.)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...