Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Next Phase of Kris's Porch Renovation

Sooooo....
We were talkin' about what's up with Kris's front porch.
I had shown the house before we started.....
After we pulled off all the old vinyl siding on the front, any rotten wood that was found was repaired.
In New England there are two kinds of houses: 
Those that have termites, and those that will have termites.

But first.....another shot of my guy Nigel.
Once again, let me remind you that he's my contractor and you can't have him.
He be very cute!
Don't tell him I said so though, we don't want him getting a swelled head.
Now, look away, 'cuz you can't have him!!!!!
Isn't demoing the most satisfying part of construction???
Or is it just me, that I'm a warped pathetic old bag????
It was so great to see that horrible railing come down!!!!!
The porch felt better right away.
Why the old building inspector wanted such a high hand rail is a mystery that's right up there with the possibility that aliens built the pyramids!!!!
We didn't like the ceiling light, so we replaced it with sconces flanking the front door.
Soooo...
here she is with her front done.
I helped Kris choose a warm melon color, since who needs a white house with all the snow we get in New England????
The sides will be done next year.
This construction stuff ain't cheap ya know!
Notice how blurry this is?
My hands must have been shaking with glee.
We will be hanging some wonderful wood shutters in a dark green.
None of this screwing to the house, they will be properly hung, overlapping the window casings.
The porch ceiling was painted the classic sky blue.
I love when porch ceilings are this color.
We chose a soft dark mossy green for the doors, old storm window frames and floor.
The wall sconces are old carriage lights that we bought from Yankee Craftsman, a local antique light vendor in Wayland Massachusetts
We discovered them in their humongous barn, and they restored them and wired them for us.
I will show you guys our trip to this wonderful place in my next post.....maybe.....
Kris and her hubby, Keith, wanted ceiling fans, as they plan on sitting on the porch in all kinds of weather, spying watching the people go by.
They are big time porch sitters!!!!!

Here's the difference between the before and after!
I must say.....I am very good at what I do!!!!!
The house is very happy with Kris and me.
It likes it's new look.
We've found, bought and had delivered all the furniture for sitting on and stuff like that....
I'll be showing that off in the next few posts.....
CLIFFHANGER!!!!!

On that note,
Latah Gatah
Photobucket

14 comments:

Pat said...

Love Love Love it!!!!! You ARE the best!

Anonymous said...

Happy house! Lucky Kris! Barbara in Mn

Anonymous said...

Yep, you're good and you know it! :) I love the way the house looks!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

You're right, Nigel is kind of cute but I would never steal him away from you. :D I'm a sap for big old houses with large front porches and this one is a real beauty. Once again, Betsy, you worked your miracles and turned this house into a showpiece. You done good. :)

Rhonda said...

Love the porch! Can't wait for the inside!

Dolores said...

The house now sparkles and beckons any and all to give it a second look; it looks friendly and inviting- it’s really is beautiful, Betsy.

Patricia | The Black Sheep Shoppe said...

I love the color choices. It was a nice house before, but the colors bring out the "personality". And you're right -- you are good at what you do!

Lisa said...

Wonderful color choices! Will enjoy seeing all the 'stuff to sit on' and the green shutters in another post ... really enjoy your blog!

Mary said...

I love a cliffhanger and I didn't look away from Nigel. I looked a long time.

Mary from Virginia

Unknown said...

Good job,looks great. I am waiting patiently for cliffhanger.

Donnamae said...

Yes...you are very good at what you do! Gorgeous! ;)

bmayer said...

They say the same thing about Fl. houses, and termites! (I've already gone through 3 tentings on 2 different houses). Love the green trim color. There is a house a few streets over from me that is painted the wrong shade of melon.(really too bright, even for Fl)...I think everyone is waiting for it to fade!

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks so beautiful- like a brand new house! The paint choices really show off the beautiful details.

Monica Gale said...

Betsy??????? where are yooouuuuu? LOL Hope is all going well, we miss you but I hope all is well and you're just busy designing fabulous fabric and more...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...