Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Cottage Bedrooms By The Sea

Now that I've shown you all the living room and kitchen of my tiny leetle cottage on Cape Cod, let's go into the bedrooms.
There were two in this palatial retreat.
A master and a guest room.
You could barely turn around in either one.
First....THE MASTER BEDROOM IN ALL IT'S MASSIVE GLORY!!!!!
you may remember the bird prints over the bed.
They are in my Massachusetts bedroom, right now.....
as I am writing this pithy post!!!!!
See?????
Anyway.....
back to the cottage.....
The quilt came from my Watertown bedroom.....
you may remember it!!!???
All this crap stuff, just gets moved around.
I needed to use it in the photo shoot, because I had to stage it differently for the two magazines that were shooting it that day.
The other way it was shot was like this, here, in the following picture!!!
This was the way I actually had the room.
I loved the multicolored quilt that I found in an antique store on route 6 in Dennis.
The Lloyd Loom chair I took with me when I sold this house, as well as the bed, and used them in my Lake Sunapee cabin, when I expanded it to have a lower floor,,
I even reused the purple pillow.

The bed I redesigned just a little, by removing the tester
 (wooden sticks that connected the four posts)
and having finials made that I glued my wooden black forest bears to.
Side by side comparison....
So this is how you can change up a room a little for a photo shoot.
The quilt was different as I said.
The red needlepoint pillow was moved from the bed to the chair.
The pillows on the bed were different.
The shot on the left had the 1930's collapsible bed tray set up with orange juice and other breakfasty things.
The flowers were different, and the container holding them was different.
This is like one of those games, where you have to find what's different!!!!!
I was going to show you the guest room.....
but my shoulders are starting to cramp up because I type at a table that looks good, but is too high.
So much for form following function.
I am not always practical.
Anyway, it's dinner time, and you know how I get when I'm hungry.
soooooo.....
on that note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would kill for that extra long floral bedskirt. I love it every time I see it.

Divine Theatre said...

I can't understand why you moved from there. I never would have left!

As to your question...I allowed the first coat of paint to dry, then painted the second color and smudged it around with my hands whlie it was still wet. Does that make sense?

xo

Andie

Decdreams said...

I do not want this wonderful blog to end!!! I am so enjoying every bit of it!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Gwen said...

I love it both ways! So comfy and inviting. And I love those bears in the Lake Sunapee cabin. Awesome sauce!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about the cabin with the bears! I have saved that article for all these years and it was quite an inspiration to me! Nancy

Mary said...

You are just so talented. I am amazed at all the things you can fit in a room, everything is gorgeous.

Mary
from Virginia

Anonymous said...

I have always love love love loved that bedroom with the dark walls and no tester(?)!! I have always thought it was wonderful!

Kathy said...

I could look at your designs all day long! Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Your designs are dreamy! Thank you for blogging!

Dolores said...

What an amazing gift you have for making rooms look warm and cozy, comfortable and timeless!! Even today I could be soo happy living in any of these bedrooms...
I soo wished that I had some of your talents..but barring that, I am learning so much from you on pattern, colors and scale.
For example..I have the Brunschwig Althea curtains in my bathroom..and would never have though to use a simple plaid for a valance, but you made it look so wonderful that I might have to try and find some similar fabric on eBay..
Dolores

Unknown said...

Good point on form following function...my upper arms and shoulders ache from my too high desk. Ya know you could probably decorate an entire room from Dollar Tree stuff and have it look like a million bucks when you were done. There is always something I learn from your blogs, thanks Betsy.

Marge said...

I wouldn't miss one of your posts for anything - both for the photos and the humor. I did run right out (well, ran to the Amazon website) and ordered your Color and Pattern book and love it, of course. I keep hoping I'll find something in hard copy about the transformation of your Florida home. I keep going back to the posts, but... Have you published this anywhere?

Anonymous said...

Betsy, check out this new website. It is right up your alley - a luxury look at affordable prices. Putting buyers and creators together to achieve customized home furnishings and accessories at a price the buyers is willing to pay:

http://www.theknockapp.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...